Tom Stewart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Stewart

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
If we meet them in the prelim, I have never been more confident of winning a prelim ever.

Payback will be sweet.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'd rather play them in the grand final so we've both played all four weeks. The only worry is they'd go head-hunting without a care for next week. Dimma could tell the boys to "retaliate first". I'm picturing Lynch clobbering Stewart a la Balme in 73.
Yes, prelim would be a free hit for them (literally) knowing it is their last game. We would have to be on our best behaviour so no one misses the GF.

Reactions: 1 user

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Our strength in Finals has been not being sucked into playing the man, energy at the ball. I really hope the Salty sooks go out in straight sets.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong's problem over the last 5 or so years, and probably longer, is that they have been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the comp. They haven't won a flag because they have been not quite the best, and have hit the best in the finals and lost.

This year they are closer, Cameron, for all that he comes across as an *smile*, is a hell of a player. Watch a game, he pops up everywhere. Their strategy of getting older players to fill gaps is logical when you are very close but there is always a team or two that have been better. Not entirely convinced that they could match Melbourne at their best, but Melbourne have not been playing their best. We can beat them on our day but are certainly not clearly better like we were in 19/20.

The strategy of plugging gaps may well work for them this year, but I don't reckon they have a sustainable team in terms of replacing the ageing players who have got them close for years. Not convinced they have enough quality youth to keep contending . . . but we've been saying that for years.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The nervous down at the *smile* hole are at all time high. They are shiiting themselves and if they think brave Hearts like Smith & Duncan will change Geelong's fortunes this year, they have rocks in their Heads.
Ko Cameron and mention Finals to Fat Guts and your half way to beating them.
Everyone has tipped them
105 top 4 finishes
45 top 2 finishes
12 top of the ladder finishes
1 flag.
Top Club.

• Haha

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Geelong's problem over the last 5 or so years, and probably longer, is that they have been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the comp. They haven't won a flag because they have been not quite the best, and have hit the best in the finals and lost.

This year they are closer, Cameron, for all that he comes across as an *smile*, is a hell of a player. Watch a game, he pops up everywhere. Their strategy of getting older players to fill gaps is logical when you are very close but there is always a team or two that have been better. Not entirely convinced that they could match Melbourne at their best, but Melbourne have not been playing their best. We can beat them on our day but are certainly not clearly better like we were in 19/20.

The strategy of plugging gaps may well work for them this year, but I don't reckon they have a sustainable team in terms of replacing the ageing players who have got them close for years. Not convinced they have enough quality youth to keep contending . . . but we've been saying that for years.

DS
Well said.

I think their finals record, particularly their average losing margin in finals (38pts in 10 losses since 2016) is a much better guide compared to their h&a record of where they are truly at. When the crunch comes, they have consistently been found wanting and by significant margins too. At some point it stops being a choke and is simply a reflection of not being good enough.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Well said.

I think their finals record, particularly their average losing margin in finals (38pts in 10 losses since 2016) is a much better guide compared to their h&a record of where they are truly at. When the crunch comes, they have consistently been found wanting and by significant margins too. At some point it stops being a choke and is simply a reflection of not being good enough.
Their home and away record is flattered by having so many weak interstate teams play at their Auskick dimension stadium.

It's a rort.

Basically 20+ free premiership points every year against poor clubs with 95% Geelong crowd.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure anyone is aware but Tom Stewart is a *smile*

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Won't complain at all if the Moggies go out in straight sets 6-0 6-0 after spending the whole year floating around the top of the ladder. Nothing like a good choke to send their panty waist fans into conniptions n hyper ventilation.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
- so graceful in accepting a 4 week ban that should have been 8, because of "my respect for prestia's concussion"

- was a "rough few days having to own it", but the break allowed me to gain peak condition (not sure about dion/ his future)

- not as bad as my darkest career moment lisfranc, which was all about me missing a final.

:poop:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
what is wrong with Stewart and the culture at the Barwon toilet?

it's all so 'new age thug'

and the schpeel over DangerElbows angst about a premiership "wanting it more than anything in the world"

spare me

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
what is wrong with Stewart and the culture at the Barwon toilet?

it's all so 'new age thug'

and the schpeel over DangerElbows angst about a premiership "wanting it more than anything in the world"

spare me

Gilligan comes out swinging about Cripps getting off because the AFL mandate is protect the head but it was radio silence when Dangerflop knocked out Vlossy with a raised elbow. Double standards Gill can't FO fast enough.

Last edited:
  • Angry

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Fair chance this bloke will have a Norm Smith medal if Geelong win. Longmire's most important task will be to find a way to take his influence away.
Yeh, he's the single most important defender they have. Simply cannot be allowed to do what he wants. He's a super player, always thought he was a tad overrated but he's had a great last few years.

But he's also a *smile*. Perhaps the biggest *smile* in their side. (a nice sling tackle on the weekend and some gobbing off at the opposition) And its a high quality field of *smile*. Dangerc*nt. Selc*nt. Hawc*nt. Mierc*nt. Dunc*nt. All coached by Brad Sc*nt. Can only hope for a major ebola outbreak at their *smile* of a ground whilst those *smile* are training this week.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Gilligan comes out swinging about Cripps getting off because the AFL mandate is protect the head but it was radio silence when Dangerflop knocked out Vlossy with a raised elbow. Double standards Gill can't FO fast enough.
Gill checked the votes in the Brownlow and new this could be a problem with Cripps winning, throw it out !