Tony Jewells nomination | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tony Jewells nomination

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I really appriciated reading Tony Jewells flyer.

Does he really think he is a definate does he ? So cocky that he doesnt need to send out a flyer.

Well, I hope he polls last. I'm not going to vote for him.

Time for some new blood on the board.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Well said, Nwonash. It is exactly this kind of arrogance that is costing us success.

All very well to be cocky when we are creaming the opposition, but if the Board loses the the confidence of the members, then we are gone.

I think for too long Jewell has ridden on the back of being the 1980 premiership coach.

There is no way I could ever vote for him.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com
Look I wouldnt call it arrogance, but rather everyone is familiar with Jewell. He isnt going to offer us anything new, is he? So basically your voting for something that you already know if you vote Jewell. Yes he has been helped by the fact he was our last premiership coach and the fact he is a Richmond man but the time has come for a change.

If Jewell at least made an effort to display this then I may have been keen on sticking with him, but to me he seems intent on just pudging along which I aint.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I agree. I was probably going to vote for him, but when he didn't include a flyer I got so riled at his arrogance that I decided to vote for someone else.

The 1980 premiership was more than 20 bloody years ago. What have you been doing, for example, throughout the 1990s? What do you intend to do for the next 10 years?

The bottom line is that if you can't be bothered to type up one A4 piece of paper to tell the members about your candidature, then you can forget about our votes fella.

Lazy, unprofessional, and impertinent are words that spring to mind.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
om21 said:
Look I wouldnt call it arrogance, but rather everyone is familiar with Jewell. He isnt going to offer us anything new, is he? So basically your voting for something that you already know if you vote Jewell. Yes he has been helped by the fact he was our last premiership coach and the fact he is a Richmond man but the time has come for a change.

If Jewell at least made an effort to display this then I may have been keen on sticking with him, but to me he seems intent on just pudging along which I aint.

What exactly has Jewell done during his time on the board at Richmond?? What are we supposed to be familiar with??

The man has been a board member for at least decade and during that time our club has been one of the least successful club in the league, gone through a handfull of unsuccessful coaches and have generally been a haven for mediocrity and failure that has made us the laughing stock of the AFL.

As one of the few constants through this period, Jewell is at the very least guilty by association and probably at least partly responsible for many of the problems that currently afflict our club. But we will probably never know the full extent of Jewell's involvement because he couldn't be bothered typing up an A4 sheet outlining his role on the board and at the club and detailing his plans for the future.

I hope Richmond members vote to remove this and other unsavory elements from the RFC board who have overseen year after year of failure.

sabretooth

I don't sleep for a week when we get beat - JD
Dec 9, 2003
You're gone, Tony, gone!

I used to like you cause you played in a great team and you coached another to a premiership but it's all been downhill from there, baby!

So, so long, goodbye and amen!

sabretooth

Dec 9, 2003
Hey om21 - that's a great word *pudging* I like it!

Is it somewhere between a plod and a trudge?

I'd like to use that somewhere, some time. May I borrow it?

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
sabretooth said:
You're gone, Tony, gone!

I used to like you cause you played in a great team and you coached another to a premiership but it's all been downhill from there, baby!

So, so long, goodbye and amen!
Bit harsh!........I too think he has had his time but you cant deny were his heart is. ;)

sabretooth

Dec 9, 2003
Yeah, ya might be right Wal, guess I'm cracking under the strain.

I think I need a footy fix - roll on, summer, roll on.