Too small, too slow, too bloody good | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Too small, too slow, too bloody good

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
How reliable are our backline. They gave a big wrap on the radio how our backline struggles, how they lack in height etc.
Well Mr Radio Commentators, what our backline don't lack in is heart and determination.
Gas, Andy and Chaff must have been right up there amongst our best half dozen players nearly every game this year, and everyone else down there does their bit too.
All Australian backline there. :)

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
How good is chaffey..... since coming back he is the most influential and consistent player in our defence. The first qrt effort again today was just great and he gave us plenty of run and forward thrusts throughout the game. Surely he would be in the selectors minds for A.A

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
mellowyellow said:
How good is chaffey..... since coming back he is the most influential and consistent player in our defence. The first qrt effort again today was just great and he gave us plenty of run and forward thrusts throughout the game. Surely he would be in the selectors minds for A.A

A.A? Alcoholics anonymous? Ohhhh, All Australian!!!

Yeah definitely, has to be figuiring at the moment. Add Couglan to that list.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Chaffey was great early, Gaspar was terrific on Lloyd, Andy Kellaway was good, Newman was solid, Zantuck is getting some form back, but the highlight of the day which even Rosy must agree with ...

Kayne Pettifer
17 possesions and 6 marks

I was worried when i saw him heading down back, but he actually played real well. Skills were a bit sloppy at times, but we may have found a spot for him, letting him run at the ball and back himself.

GO KAYNE

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Yeah actually Kane wasn't too bad today. Bowden still could have been better. Krakouer just went off (I mean that in a good way). Chaffey is superb. Zanners was good. Bidders - what an effort. And good on Nicholls for that goal. On the whole, terrific effort guys. Imagine what we can be like when we have a full list.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
but the highlight of the day which even Rosy must agree with ...

Kayne Pettifer

Don't set Kayne up to be shot down in flames Dragga, cos I don't agree with that all, ha.
I'm way too happy to critisise anyone tonight though.
A far better effort from Kayne, (it would need to be) but he obviously graduated with honours from the Joel Bowden school of turnovers.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
all but one of pettifer,s kicks hit the target today but like rosy i dont care tonight ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
johnson2richo2003 said:
all but one of pettifer,s kicks hit the target today but like rosy i dont care tonight ;D
He actually hit 2 targets, watched the replay last night and counted. The rest either hit essendon players, bounced at the richmond players feet or missed completely.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
TigersGoddess said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
He actually hit 2 targets, watched the replay last night and counted. The rest either hit essendon players, bounced at the richmond players feet or missed completely.
2 targets opps i sold him short ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
How reliable are our backline.

We must be on the same wave length at times Rosy. Is that a good thing? ??? I don't think you want to be on my wave length. I don't think I want to be on my wave length sometimes. Anyway, hadn't seen your post here before I did my votes, but, obviously, I totally agree.

As I think we've both said in the past, our defence has been a strength for a number of years. Do you think some of those 'experts' will catch on soon?

Good to see they are having life made easier with players up the ground doing their job, makes them look even better. ;)