Top 25 recruits in last 5 decades | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 25 recruits in last 5 decades

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Barry Rowlings would have to be on there for recruits from other clubs wouldnt he?

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Makes me wonder how many players we’ve had from other clubs over the past 50 years.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Top 10 disasters and I reckon there would be a few :))
Slightly off thread, but remembering Anthony Banik ( number one draft pick ) and Richard Lounder / Dean Polo (4 goals on debut but all downhill from then on award)
Aaron Fiora/Pavlich ( perhaps the costliest missed pick ever in hindsight award)
All nice Tigers but.....

And maybe Tambling/ Roughead

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Lynch
Prestia
Houli
Nank
Maric - Ivan nit Addam!

This would be my top 5 recruits over the past 20 years. Obviously Stewart, Rowlings, Sproule of the older generation.

Surely Taranto and Hopper don't enter this list yet

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
My Top 10
Lynch
Brown
Houli
Brodders
Cameron
Caddy
Prestia
Stafford
Nakas
Gale
**Special Mentions
T.Keays
R.Powell
Baldwin
C.King
C.Charles
C. Burton
Morrison
Gepp
Mckenna
Noble

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Kent Kingsley coming like a rocket for a top two...
In terms of impact it's got to be Lynch, Dion, Bachar and Nank in no particular order.
Each one played massive roles in a dynasty.

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Top field think Stewie has to be no 1. Can not believe brownie at 18. If you look at the flip players who left us and went elsewhere doubt Ottens has any serious competition

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Paul Sproule, Gareth Andrews, David Thorpe , no particular order. The 1974 premiership was full of foreign legion. Scotty Turner ! gets the vote for his '95 semi final hits on the dons. Greg Dear.
Greg Dear was a very good player, not sure he’ll make top 25 but good get by you @Puntrd64