Top 5 Individual Efforts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 5 Individual Efforts

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
1. KB's calving up of Collingwood in 1980 GF

2. St Francis playing a game with a broken leg.

3. Kevin Sheedy playing in a finals series with a broken hand.

4. Freddie Swift's saving mark in the 1967 GF (yep, I'm old - and i was even there)

5. Matthew Knights in 1995 semi v bummers with his inspirational goals that kept us in the game.

Must be heaps more.

A

admin

Scott Turners efforts should be remembered alongside Knighters in that 95 final.
It's not good to see players hurt, but they were fair bumps.
We could do with a couple more like Scotty.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
My Top 5 Individual efforts:-

1) The day the chicken manure was delivered to punt rd and dumped on the doorstep
2) Geishens & Walls sacking
3) Alan Bond as president and introducing Dale Wightman to crowd
4) Kevin Sheedy kicking the wrong way in front of 90,000 at the G
5) Bruce Monteith's memorable effort as captain in 1980 Grand Final (on ground for 5 minutes and accepted cup)

Leeds_Tiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Feb 4, 2003
5. Michael Laffy stubbing his toe and gifting Mark Naley a goal v Carlton in 1988.

4. John Manton stubbing toe whilst kicking out, straight to Dunstall. Jack then fell on his back and gave away free and goal.

3. Paddy Guinane (Chairman of Selectors), motionless next to Tony Jewell in the coaches box during any one of those 3 games in early 87 when we threw away 5+ goal leads to West Coast, Sydney and Collingwood.

2. Bruce Monteath in 1980 GF. Remember the Dreamteam points for a newspaper competition, Bruce had negative points.

1. And the best by a long way - the Flea and the General, both suspended and sinking cans in the Western Oval outer, laughing as the Doggies posted another goal in a lst quarter demolition of Richmond. This is a very little known fact but I saw it with my own eyes!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
1/.Francis Bourke-playing on with a broken leg.
2/.KB-destroying yet another pies,s dream in 1980
3/.Micheal Mitchell-his run from the back line to kick a goal deserved goal of the year up in sydney.
4/.Mathew Knights-95 final against essendon.
5/.Neville Crowe-while it was truely a "team effort"i couldnt think of a better bloke apart from the great GR to get the ball rolling.

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
5. Jeff Hogg. Unselfishly swapping himself for Michael Gale, Paul Broderick and Matthew Dundas
4. Mal Brown - His shake up of the board in the late 90s was legendary
3. Michael Mitchell footage of a mark he took in W.A. No joke, he stood two footed on that guys head.
2. Tony Jewell, trying to pull out any hair he had left when Richmond were in the last quarters of 1987.
1. Chris Bond pile driving a collingwood player in 1995. How he never got suspended I do not know.