Tour De France 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tour De France 2015

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Well done to Rohan Dennis getting the yellow jersey, great ride.
This could be a cracker tour with 4 riders in serious contention to win the race: Nibali, Contador, Froome and Quintana who is my pick to win it.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Yes one of the 4 listed above will win.

Porte I hope gives himself every chance for a top 10 finish.

Great to have an Aussie in the Yellow. Also there are 10 Aussies in the tour.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
MB78 said:
Yes one of the 4 listed above will win.

Porte I hope gives himself every chance for a top 10 finish.

Great to have an Aussie in the Yellow. Also there are 10 Aussies in the tour.

One less after massive pile up. Gerrans abandoned race , not sure what injury he sustained.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
22nd Man said:
One less after massive pile up. Gerrans abandoned race , not sure what injury he sustained.

Michael Matthews could abandon as well. One of the worst accidents in the tour I've ever seen

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
22nd Man said:

Wrist and broken ribs for Gerro. (And I nominated him as a possible winner of last night's stage!) Froome looked ominous last night.

And on another note, I can only assume that Richie Porte is clean.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
farcical , they better neutralise the times. Typical an Aussie gets ****** over.

Time to put barriers up and have more police lining the route.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Times neutralised BH.

A good thing too. Porte looks in good nick, with the time trial tonight massive for him.

A good one will rocket him up the GC standings.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Bill Haverchuck said:
farcical , they better neutralise the times. Typical an Aussie gets ****** over.

Time to put barriers up and have more police lining the route.

It looks horrible, but logistically, almost impossible to cover even 10% of the 3.5k kms.

josey said:
Times neutralised BH.

A good thing too. Porte looks in good nick, with the time trial tonight massive for him.

A good one will rocket him up the GC standings.

Agree, Porte has a huge opportunity to move up to top 5 tonight. Riding well, fit and enjoying being #1.

Meanwhile obe looking very strong

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Interesting when the riders get a drink or snack from a support car, they both the guy giving in the car and the rider both hang on to the item for 2 or 3 seconds before they pass it, that must be the permitted time and they make full use of it for a little boost. Not bagging them for it, i'd take every thing I could too if I rode a couple of hundred Ks up a mountain for a few weeks! Just interesting.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
They call it 'sticky bottle'. In another hilarious incvident, an Astana(?) rider had a mechanical and had dropped off the back of the peloton. A mechanic from the team car leant out to 'fix his brakes'. Not surprisingly, the bike's speed increased from 35 to 50 while this 'work' was undertaken, helping him to jump on the back of another rider.

As you say, take every advantage.

As for the race, Richie did a great job after his team let him down very badly on day 2. Top 5 is super. And Orica Bike Exchange will have Chaves AND Yates next year. Great podium opportunity.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Another win for Froome, who once again had an extremely strong team. 4 team mates accompanied him over the line on the final stage which was An amazing effort really.

Porte seemed disappointed after last nights stage and rightly so. He was the second strongest GC rider, and should be asking his team for much more support next year.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Great to see Jai Hindley on the verge of winning the Giro, the first Australian to do so, having what should be a winning break of 1:25 over Carapaz. Should be be able to hang on in tonight’s last stage a 17.6km time trial.
He was awesome last night leaving Carapaz in his wake over the last 2 km of yesterday’s stage.
Will be watching him tonight, can’t wait

Reactions: 2 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Great to see Jai Hindley on the verge of winning the Giro, the first Australian to do so, having what should be a winning break of 1:25 over Carapaz. Should be be able to hang on in tonight’s last stage a 17.6km time trial.
He was awesome last night leaving Carapaz in his wake over the last 2 km of yesterday’s stage.
Brilliant teamwork by Kamna to drop back and give Jai some support on the final climb. They rode away from Carapaz together before Jai broke away on his own. This turned a 3 second deficit into a 1:25 lead as you said. Fingers crossed he has a strong time trial!

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Brilliant to see Jai ahead with only the ITT to go, great effort last night.

First Aussie to win the Giro, wow, let's hope he can hang on tonight.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
This is huge. Never knew Jai before this win. At only 25 he will have many good years as a contender in the tour. This is great for Australian cycling.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
This is huge. Never knew Jai before this win. At only 25 he will have many good years as a contender in the tour. This is great for Australian cycling.

Yes well done Hindley - watched a replay of the stage 20 sunday arvo - much more entertaining than any footy on show (till I watched the last qtr of the blue demolition). I regularly watch the SBS highlights and Hindley has been strong all race and his patience on Saturday night was extraordinary.

Hindley has amazing power to take over a minute off the leader on the last 5 km climb, bit like the famous Italian climber Patini used to do. Hindley has been around for a while and has made the Giro his own as I recall he nearly won it a few years ago.

Will watch a replay of his time trail trial tonight.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great win, I'm away so not sure I can find a highlights package of Stage 20, should be one online though.

To drop Carapaz is stunning.

Very solid time trial where he lost, what, 7 seconds I think.

Just amazing, these races are so hard to win and he's the first Aussie to win the Giro.

DS

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great win, I'm away so not sure I can find a highlights package of Stage 20, should be one online though.

To drop Carapaz is stunning.

Very solid time trial where he lost, what, 7 seconds I think.

Just amazing, these races are so hard to win and he's the first Aussie to win the Giro.

DS

All you need to do is fast forward and watch the last 10 km of stage 20 - it’s worth it.

Reactions: 1 user