Trade,Keep,Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade,Keep,Delist

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
It’s the hardest crop to delist that I’ve ever seen.

Most of The current senior guys out of contract are getting games, or are young or have been injured.

And the rookies: there are 3-4 who should be upgraded so there’s no need to cull rookies.

I think we should upgrade 3 -4 rookies and have 4 spots in the national draft. So that’s delisting 8 senior players which is really savage.

It’s doing my head in to pick just 3.

I think we’ll trade players out.

Reactions: 1 user

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
The swathe of injuries this year which has been a real bummer,has had an upside in that it’s given the club a look at guys like Chol, Eggy,Ross,Bakes,Shai,Garthwaite et al.
We are now in a much better position to identify the Keepers & the future is looking bright.
Our recruiters have been pulling the right rein since Matty Clarke took over,I’m very comfortable they will address perceived deficiencies & set the club up for a real shot at sustained success.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
It’s the hardest crop to delist that I’ve ever seen.

Most of The current senior guys out of contract are getting games, or are young or have been injured.

And the rookies: there are 3-4 who should be upgraded so there’s no need to cull rookies.

I think we should upgrade 3 -4 rookies and have 4 spots in the national draft. So that’s delisting 8 senior players which is really savage.

It’s doing my head in to pick just 3.

I think we’ll trade players out.
Maybe Baker & eggs can do another year on the rookie list.

I’m not sure though.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
In no particular order- Menadue, Miller, Markov, Ellis (salary cap space and components pick as DFA), Aarts, Townsend, Andy Weller should all be looked at. Not all will go but maybe 4-5 changes.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In no particular order- Menadue, Miller, Markov, Ellis (salary cap space and components pick as DFA), Aarts, Townsend, Andy Weller should all be looked at. Not all will go but maybe 4-5 changes.
You could slip Seymoore into that lot as well, Mole. That puts eight blokes on possible eviction status, which is highly unlikely. Got a feeling Bobble might wind up staying, unless he gets a large offer from somewhere. Doubt we'll move on more than four or five players maximum this year, unlikely that any of them will bring more than chump change picks in trades so it will be more allowing them another opportunity elsewhere.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Maybe Baker & eggs can do another year on the rookie list.

I’m not sure though.
I believe Baker has already been upgraded to the main list. Eggy is also in his second year as a rookie. He can be upgraded to the main list or possibly made available to all clubs and finally be re rookied. I hope we take him as an upgraded rookie.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Funny that we have a plethora of small forwards but the kid in Stack who starts down back could be the best of them all.

Tipping Butler will get traded and will be interesting to see what happens with Bolton.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Funny that we have a plethora of small forwards but the kid in Stack who starts down back could be the best of them all.

Tipping Butler will get traded and will be interesting to see what happens with Bolton.

Can’t lose Bolton he is on the verge.
Daniel Wells like

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
The swathe of injuries this year which has been a real bummer,has had an upside in that it’s given the club a look at guys like Chol, Eggy,Ross,Bakes,Shai,Garthwaite et al.
We are now in a much better position to identify the Keepers & the future is looking bright.
Our recruiters have been pulling the right rein since Matty Clarke took over,I’m very comfortable they will address perceived deficiencies & set the club up for a real shot at sustained success.
The recruiters are getting it right, but the development has been first class. I think it has a lot to do with getting the kid's heads in a great space, where they can take advantage of their ability.

• Love

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
You could slip Seymoore into that lot as well, Mole. That puts eight blokes on possible eviction status, which is highly unlikely. Got a feeling Bobble might wind up staying, unless he gets a large offer from somewhere. Doubt we'll move on more than four or five players maximum this year, unlikely that any of them will bring more than chump change picks in trades so it will be more allowing them another opportunity elsewhere.

Yeah I’m happy with 4-5 incoming.

We’ve got 21 premiership players
A gun all Aus monster key forward.

Chuck in
short higgins Ross stack Bolton Baker Eggs
Menadue Balta soldo Chol Garthwaite
Think the minimum turnover is six.
thought you just had to take three in the national draft including rookie upgrades.
You could delist three
Upgrade three rookies
Re-Draft them as rookies.
Not smart recruiting though

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I thought it was three.

Looked it up. Every club needs to cut their list to no more than 35 players prior to the National Draft. After the draft, each club must have 38-40 listed (i.e. excluding rookies) players. So each club must use a minimum of three draft picks. There is actually no minimum number that needs to be delisted (I'm sure it was different 10-12 years ago).

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Surely Houli gets another year.
No signs of slowing down yet and was really good in the air too.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looked it up. Every club needs to cut their list to no more than 35 players prior to the National Draft. After the draft, each club must have 38-40 listed (i.e. excluding rookies) players. So each club must use a minimum of three draft picks. There is actually no minimum number that needs to be delisted (I'm sure it was different 10-12 years ago).
Thanks, i tried looking for that.
It gets a bit confusing, so after delistings and the trade period, and with the requirement for each club to cut their list down to 35.
When do Rookies get elevated?
Does the 35 on the list requirement include Rookies who have have elevated?

With us having 45 on the list including rookies, and with every club required to have no more than 35 listed players before the draft, there's going to be some movement to the list in regards to delistings and trades.