Trade,Keep,Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade,Keep,Delist

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
SEN Trade radio reckons a 3rd rounder from Carlton would be all it would take for a potential Butler trade. I guess that is fair considering he is out of favor with us these days? A bag of goals in VFL Prelim and GF wouldn't hurt.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
SEN Trade radio reckons a 3rd rounder from Carlton would be all it would take for a potential Butler trade. I guess that is fair considering he is out of favor with us these days? A bag of goals in VFL Prelim and GF wouldn't hurt.

For 16 clubs a third rounder would be enough to get the deal done but for Carlton there is an extra *smile* tax they have to pay. Second rounder or nothing SOS!

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
For 16 clubs a third rounder would be enough to get the deal done but for Carlton there is an extra ******* tax they have to pay. Second rounder or nothing SOS!

If Carlton get Martin and Papley they will probably lose interest as they did with Ellis

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Third rounder from Carlscum for Geezer would be around pick fortyish depending on priorities n stuff.
Ahhh well, can't call him Geezer any more if he leaves. Geezer's a favourite of mine so I'll have to relegate him to history.

Shers

Tiger Superstar
Nov 30, 2005
Melbourne
SEN radio (Scoop Mclure) actually said about Dan Butler that a swap of third rounders with Carlton would do the deal, and not simply that we get their third round pick. Obviously I, and most of us, would prefer a swap of 2nd rounders.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
SEN radio (Scoop Mclure) actually said about Dan Butler that a swap of third rounders with Carlton would do the deal, and not simply that we get their third round pick. Obviously I, and most of us, would prefer a swap of 2nd rounders.

Jeez is that all Butler is worth these days? Isn't Scoop Maclure a Carlton supporter?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Jeez is that all Butler is worth these days? Isn't Scoop Maclure a Carlton supporter?

Seems light for a 23yo premiership forward. Brisbane paid #21 for Allen Christensen at the same age. Probably a better player at the time, and Geelong's cast-offs somehow hold more value, but still...

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Butler worth a straight pick in the 30's.
Was one of the best small forwards in 2017.
Has plenty of footy ahead of him.
Would be happy to keep him rather than him leaving for nothing.

Reactions: 7 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Tell em they’re dreamin’

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Carlton don’t have a second rounder. And I agree that a third rounder for Butler is too little.
Ellis should get us a compensation pick at the end of the first round and there will be a good market for Butler given the broad interest in small forwards with speed.
I suspect McIntosh will also be seeking a new home and ditto for Menadue. If Butler and McIntosh were offered with our picks, currently 36 and 37 then I would expect to receive two further early second rounders, then giving us 4 picks between 18 and 25.
What a hand.
If we found one first rater who wanted a change and more opportunity, at either MELBOURNE or ADELAIDE a trade of those 3 or 4 picks and that player, could lead us to an early pick and the door of a young fella called Tom Green.
Green to be coupled with advancement to the main list for rookies Cholly, Eggy, Stack and possibly Aarts would be an excellent result.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Reckon butler will be happy at any club that will play him
*smile* Carltoon

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
We swapped our third round pick with Gold Coast last year. So a swap of the third round pick we have now in exchange for Carlton's 3rd round would mean we go backwards in the order and lose a player

Pretty much a normal Carlton draft request l suppose

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
From the AFL website;
The Tigers are now resigned to losing Ellis after he put contract talks on hold until season's end. As a restricted free agent, the wingman falls in the Tigers' top 10 earners this year and would need to take a pay cut on any new deal to stay. Gold Coast is leading the race for his services. Houli has finally been offered a deal for 2020, while Edwards will remain a Tiger, with an announcement on his future imminent. Decisions on Weller and Townsend will be made in October. - Mitch Cleary

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
From the AFL website;
The Tigers are now resigned to losing Ellis after he put contract talks on hold until season's end. As a restricted free agent, the wingman falls in the Tigers' top 10 earners this year and would need to take a pay cut on any new deal to stay. Gold Coast is leading the race for his services. Houli has finally been offered a deal for 2020, while Edwards will remain a Tiger, with an announcement on his future imminent. Decisions on Weller and Townsend will be made in October. - Mitch Cleary

Has Justin Blumfield written all over this deal for anyone who picks him up :)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
6yrs for $900,00
Seems cheap
How desperate are St Kiddenme? $900,000 a year for 6 years and pick 5 in the draft for a *smile* wing. Not a player that's suddenly gunna elevate their list to premium status in a hurry. Maybe we should have offered them Bobble, way cheaper $ n we could have fudged them a pick back or maybe an extra Geezer included for their pick 5.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Keep them all ,the long short & the tall bless them all. There will be movement but with Rancer back next year Tigers hold whip hand.