Trade,Keep,Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade,Keep,Delist

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
We need to give the following players a reasonable crack at the 1’s in 2018 so an informed decision can be made come October.
Bolton;Markov;Chol;Menadue;Miller;Soldo.
We don’t want a re-run of Todd Elton,where it took us 6 years to decide he couldn’t play.
Trade,Keep,Delist?.....be decisive.
Interested to know what informed PRE Posters like Bullus;Spook;Caesar;TurkD;DA;Easy & many others think.
Presumably,the List Review is on-going,my worry is if you don’t expose them to the Top Level,you keep them by default.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Brimmy said:
We need to give the following players a reasonable crack at the 1’s in 2018 so an informed decision can be made come October.
We don’t want a re-run of Todd Elton,where it took us 6 years to decide he couldn’t play.
Interested to know what informed PRE Posters like Bullus;Spook;Caesar;TurkD;DA;Easy & many others think.
Presumably,the List Review is on-going,my worry is if you don’t expose them to the Top Level,you keep them by default.

The space bar is the big rectangular one in the middle.

Also, you're somehow living simultaneously in the past and the future.

Let's win the 2019 GF before we start worrying about the 2018 trade period.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Too many smalls
Trade out Bolton and Butler.
Let Ellis walk
Delist Soldo, Chol, Weller, menadue, Markov and Moore

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
zippadeee said:
Too many smalls
Let Ellis walk

Agree re too many small, but delisting Soldo, Chol and Moore would leave us with CCJ, Garthwaite and Miller as the only players over 194cm. I’m very worried about our key defensive stocks. In the 2s we have Hugh Beasley at full back and Miller at CHB. Garthwaite looking more like a 2s player every game with his lack of mobility and a leap that has me worried.We need to top up on a couple of mobile and athletic defensive talls. I had earmarked Balta but agree that he’s probably best utilised as a roaming swing man.
We need a succession plan for Rance and Grimes.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Sorry,my Typo meant try them in 2019 not 2018.

You’re probably right,let’s win this year first,then worry about weepers & keepers.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Brimmy said:
Forget playing Chol, today in the VFL he was lazy & has no 2nd efforts, which is why he was delisted last yr, they only relisted him for depth but he won't be on the list next yr as nothing has changed.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
DirtyDogTiger said:
Good mid season thread.
We must have lost

Agreed - Reckon the old codger :eek:ld has finally lost it putting this thread up after last night's hammering.

And they say filial piety is dead. ;D

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Brettstigers said:
Agreed - Reckon the old codger :eek:ld has finally lost it putting this thread up after last night's hammering.

And they say filial piety is dead. ;D
1.Have to Agree.

2.Nice to Hear.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need to get a high pick in the draft. We need a quality tall and more midfielders
Bolton plus our 2nd rounder for Freo’s first (they will finish bottom 6)
Butler to Footscray for there 2nd.
Ellis. Do not match any offer. Just Pretend we are offering more then 400, so our compensation is better then a 3rd rounder

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Serious questions must be asked. Did Hardwick think he as going to win another flag with the same 22?
Where was the foresight to pick up Roughead or keep Jonathan Marsh in the list?
We are smothered in slow smalls.
We need to trade out

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Time to ramp up Operation Get Brad Hill.

He is heading into the peak of his career. Wants to head home and would fit perfectly on a wing at the MCG.

Let Ellis walk to the highest bidder, free up cap space, provide us a decent compo pick and then use this to get Hill.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

He is heading into the peak of his career. Wants to head home and would fit perfectly on a wing at the MCG.

Let Ellis walk to the highest bidder, free up cap space, provide us a decent compo pick and then use this to get Hill.
Was Ellis a North fan when he was a kid? They might actually get a player they want and throw a bagload of cash at him.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Thought he already went home.

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
Too many smalls
Let Ellis walk
I'd give Markov, Chol and Bolton another year but sayonara to the rest. We should get a first rounder for Ellis, not top ten but a 15-20 pick. He has currency as a premiership player and has 5 to 7 years left. Markov is actually the fastest player in the AFL and if he gets his fitness together could easily replace Ellis. At the end of the day there is trade value in Bolton, Butler and Ellis.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Should have a go a Brander must be frustrated at West Coast and there are a lot of talls in front of him. We could groom him as a future back tall with his mobility, height and marking. Happy to trade Ellis, Bolton or other small.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I agree with Goddard in the Hun today. Depending how far away CCJ is, we should go for Cats VFL ruckman Ryan Abbott to help Nank.