Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The clubs have always been too conservative. The system probably doesn’t work to allow for a bit more aggression but the clubs themselves are very timid as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Caught a bit of Montagna and King crapping on about the state of the clubs after the trade farce, I mean, period. Listening to Montagna you’d think at least 12 teams will finish in the top 4. He just loves what they’ve all done.

*smile* he’s a moron. Him and King should have starring roles in Dumb & Dumber 3 or whatever number it’s up to now.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
So much hot air. They built a studio set & have a radio channel..for this!

Jabba the Hutchy won't be happy.
Gilligan has killed the excitement that was this period.
As soon as they thought it was a good idea for clubs able to trade picks and build points to get a kid from a fantasy academy.
They have destroyed it.
Plain and simple.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Whole system needs an overhaul I think.

Clubs lack the balls to make aggressive moves so it needs to be shaken up.

Allowing clubs to trade players against their will and to buy existing players contracts would be a good start.

I'd also like to see salary cap be allowed to be used as trade currency.
The AFL as a whole needs a revamp.
*Umpiring, Rules, Tribunal.
*Trade week needs to be Monday to Friday. only for player swaps.
*Picks can be traded only the day of the draft.
* Each club can have 1 player outside the cap.
*Clubs need to nominate academy kids and be forced to use there 1 st pick on them or they're open to every other club.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The clubs have always been too conservative. The system probably doesn’t work to allow for a bit more aggression but the clubs themselves are very timid as well.
Clubs aren't as open as 20-25 yrs ago.
The media are hanging like hyenas waiting for a club to make a mistake.
"Richmond trade pick 14 for Mitchell and the kid hawthorn pick up wins the Norwich rising star award.
Clubs don't want Tambling and Pavlich stories

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Caught a bit of Montagna and King crapping on about the state of the clubs after the trade farce, I mean, period. Listening to Montagna you’d think at least 12 teams will finish in the top 4. He just loves what they’ve all done.

*smile* he’s a moron. Him and King should have starring roles in Dumb & Dumber 3 or whatever number it’s up to now.
you can see it in their eyes, they're bona fide idiots
stupid and stupider

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
What a load of crap this so called trade period has been. Nothing more than a media frenzy about nothing. Trying to make nothing trades out to be magnificent movements and strategy from clubs. Cant believe the amout and voulume of articles that are written about nothing. Click bait insanity,

Reactions: 2 users

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
Wont ever be interesting until clubs can trade players without player consent per NBA/NFL model..

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Very underwhelming trade period to say the least. I used to look forward to this time of year but this year it was basically non event.

As the above poster mentioned trades like the NBA would spice things up & perhaps once a players contract is up they become a free agent no matter how long at that club , they could choose to re sign or explore free agency & allow in season trades up until say round 18.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Have they done the grading yet for each club?

A+ for anyone who actual completed 2 trades
B for any club that traded a player
C for trading picks
D for do nothing.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Wont ever be interesting until clubs can trade players without player consent per NBA/NFL model..

I’m guessing the lower end of the AFL pay scale is not high enough to justify this.

If you’re Marlion Pickett on a minimum wage you can’t really trade him out to a Gold Coast at the drop of a hat, for instance.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Just listening to SEN and a deluded Essendon supporter rang in to say the Essendon should flat out refuse to deal with Jason McCartney ever again. They were forced to overpay for Stringer/Shiel/Smith and Caldwell and now Jason was too mean to let Bobby Hill get to Essendon. A player that only recently said he would not be leaving, he not that type of bloke, yet it transpires his manager was talking to Essendon last month. AND he dropped the demand on GWS with only 3 days to go in the trade period.

A supporter of a club that has Adrian “I am just too generous for my own good” Dodoro as head of list management?

Wow just sums it up completely.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read that Daniel Talia will miss the 2022 season to allow his foot to fully heal. That’s his career done then.

Good work Tiges on not getting him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users