Trade period 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade period 2021

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Caught a bit of Montagna and King crapping on about the state of the clubs after the trade farce, I mean, period. Listening to Montagna you’d think at least 12 teams will finish in the top 4. He just loves what they’ve all done.

*smile* he’s a moron. Him and King should have starring roles in Dumb & Dumber 3 or whatever number it’s up to now.
you can see it in their eyes, they're bona fide idiots
stupid and stupider

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
What a load of crap this so called trade period has been. Nothing more than a media frenzy about nothing. Trying to make nothing trades out to be magnificent movements and strategy from clubs. Cant believe the amout and voulume of articles that are written about nothing. Click bait insanity,

Reactions: 2 users

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
Wont ever be interesting until clubs can trade players without player consent per NBA/NFL model..

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Very underwhelming trade period to say the least. I used to look forward to this time of year but this year it was basically non event.

As the above poster mentioned trades like the NBA would spice things up & perhaps once a players contract is up they become a free agent no matter how long at that club , they could choose to re sign or explore free agency & allow in season trades up until say round 18.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Caught a bit of Montagna and King crapping on about the state of the clubs after the trade farce, I mean, period. Listening to Montagna you’d think at least 12 teams will finish in the top 4. He just loves what they’ve all done.

*smile* he’s a moron. Him and King should have starring roles in Dumb & Dumber 3 or whatever number it’s up to now.
Have they done the grading yet for each club?

A+ for anyone who actual completed 2 trades
B for any club that traded a player
C for trading picks
D for do nothing.

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
I personally think we did very good in this trade period. Replaced Astbury and moved up on our second and third round picks. We’re in a good spot

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Wont ever be interesting until clubs can trade players without player consent per NBA/NFL model..

I’m guessing the lower end of the AFL pay scale is not high enough to justify this.

If you’re Marlion Pickett on a minimum wage you can’t really trade him out to a Gold Coast at the drop of a hat, for instance.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Just listening to SEN and a deluded Essendon supporter rang in to say the Essendon should flat out refuse to deal with Jason McCartney ever again. They were forced to overpay for Stringer/Shiel/Smith and Caldwell and now Jason was too mean to let Bobby Hill get to Essendon. A player that only recently said he would not be leaving, he not that type of bloke, yet it transpires his manager was talking to Essendon last month. AND he dropped the demand on GWS with only 3 days to go in the trade period.

A supporter of a club that has Adrian “I am just too generous for my own good” Dodoro as head of list management?

Wow just sums it up completely.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read that Daniel Talia will miss the 2022 season to allow his foot to fully heal. That’s his career done then.

Good work Tiges on not getting him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Glad we didn't take him given that, but quite a sad end for him.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Just read that Daniel Talia will miss the 2022 season to allow his foot to fully heal. That’s his career done then.

Good work Tiges on not getting him.
But we could have got him cheap

Reactions: 1 users

RYAN4

I'm a llama!
Oct 2, 2003
Rosanna, Victoria
As we either chose to, or could not afford to chase an elite inside midfielder, I wondered the thoughts of taking a chance on Aaron vandenBerg - he was delisted by a club with possibly the best mids in the comp.
We badly need an inside bull, and if he is over his run of injuries he may fit the bill for a year or two.
We give up nothing (but a spot on the list) to get him, and he would be as cheap as chips.
Given we have a strong defensive unit, Strength in our Rucks with Soldo back teaming with Nank, and a few really good options up forward, having a throw at the stumps for one more flag by playing a bit of money ball may just
pay dividends.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There was scuttlebutt on PRE that Talia failed a medical with us.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
There was scuttlebutt on PRE that Talia failed a medical with us.

I feel for the lad, been a good servant for Adelaide.

Truth be told things worked out real well for us.

Instead of a replacement for Astbury, we got a replacement for Rance.

The back seven will return to 2017-18 levels of eye-watering domination, Jack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

ARCHYBOY

Tiger Superstar
Mar 30, 2010
Little River
For those that are having a whinge that we did nothing in the trade period or weren’t aggressive enough, Do you guys realise that the salary cap for next year hasn’t been finalised yet by the AFL....
It’s what kept most clubs quiet.
AFL is truly run by amateurs in the context of world sport.

Reactions: 19 users