Trading the Golden Staff | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading the Golden Staff

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Just wanting to what everyone opinion is on trading Greg Stafford. Now while i think that his form in the first half of the year was exceptional and if he can reproduce that on a consistant basis he would be a great asset for us.

BUT from some of the talk i have heard from a trainor at Richmond is that once again he is having trouble with his hip injury. Could this injury be somthing that he will never fully get over and in a year or so maybe force him into retirement.

If this is the case, we should deffinately shop him around and get a good deal for him now while he has a good trade value. He has only been with us for 2 years and we dont really owe him anything.

Note: I am a Greg Stafford fan but am just thinking aloud as to a good move for the future of the RFC.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Other clubs aren't stupid Bulluss, they know that his hip is still a concern. Gone are the days when a player has a chronic injury that other clubs don't know about. Besides if they didn't know previously, you have just advertised it here for the whole world to read!! ;D

For me, there are very few untouchables at Richmond. If a suitable trade came up that would benefit us, i would look at it.

But in the end this will be one of the 95% of the rumours that won't eventuate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I have just wasted my time responding ;D

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
It's a very good point you raise.

A fit Stafford is worth keeping. However, if his hip is playing up, I think The Kangas or even Carlton would be interested.