Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Out: Broad - Martin - Hopper -Short
In : Ross - Hugo - Sonsie - Clarke

Wouldnt mind Banks if Hugo not selected
that would be 3/4 of our 2021 draftee's getting a game

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Great talent. But no footy in 5 weeks.

Will build at VFL level for a little bit.
Excited to see Seth Campbell in the VFL. Seems we need another explosive small forward and he was impressive in the practice games before his groin injury

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Captain's Run Today Thursday:

I have just added the additions to what is left of last weeks squad as no-one else would be omitted you would think with 4 already out:

So please proceed to select your team from the following additions, four at least must be included:

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

and Mansell our sub from last week

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013

I have just added the additions to what is left of last weeks squad as no-one else would be omitted you would think with 4 already out:

So please proceed to select your team from the following additions, four at least must be included:

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

No Biggie?

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
No Biggie?
No talls were injured ( Broad is a hybrid) plus a wet night equals runners who can pressure.
I haven’t been confident all week but the more the media cream over the pies the more confident I get.
We will have some hungry kids coming in.
Cumberland for Dusty had to be the first.
I have a good feeling about this game.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
No talls were injured ( Broad is a hybrid) plus a wet night equals runners who can pressure.
I haven’t been confident all week but the more the media cream over the pies the more confident I get.
We will have some hungry kids coming in.
Cumberland for Dusty had to be the first.
I have a good feeling about this game.
As has been alluded to earlier we played the last half of 2022 without Dusty and we obviously didn’t have Hopper and taranto either. We were very competitive during that period
We did however have Lynch in stellar form and Cumberland playing well.
I think we will be very competitive in this game, writing us off is way too pessimistic imo. We have to bring heat because Colonwood haven’t faced heat so far this season.

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

From this list:

Ross
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

But no Banks? I had him deposited into the team this week.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

What I would like:
Ross Clarke Hugo Cumberland

What I think:
Ross Dow Miller Mansell

I havent chosen Sonsie as I dont think he is match fit.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree. Biggest disappointment of pre season for mine that he hasn't improved to press for best 22. I've almost written him off
Yes, it's a worry because I have been a hopeful follower too. We need to find and inject young players with speed and dare now. Crows made us look really slow at times.
Not sure where Hugo's at.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Also worth a mention that Robbie Tarrant seemed to be training fully?
Reason for ? is i only caught 20 minutes of training today between doctors appointments.
Doubtful Taz would be suitably match-fit for such a big game against a side that's bursting with speed and endurance - he could get exposed badly.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Doubtful Taz would be suitably match-fit for such a big game against a side that's bursting with speed and endurance - he could get exposed badly.

Have already posted the Captain's Run squad and Taz was not in there so not in calculation anyway.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

Well if Hugo get selected after his stinker on the weekend, then Cumbo must also be selected seeing as we wouldn't be counting 2nds form as a reason for selection.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
What I would like:
Ross Clarke Hugo Cumberland

What I think:
Ross Dow Miller Mansell

I havent chosen Sonsie as I dont think he is match fit.
Yeh they won’t pick Sonsie if they don’t think he can run out the game, which is a damn shame because he’s streets better than Dow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeh they won’t pick Sonsie if they don’t think he can run out the game, which is a damn shame because he’s streets better than Dow

Sonz maybe as the sub. If he plays say a quarter or a bit more than that, he can still play minutes with the VFL boys on Saturday.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Hugo
Miller
Ross
Dow
Cumberland
Clarke
Sonsie

I'm thinking:
- Ross in as closest type for Hopper (with support from Cotch having more midfield time) and in good form but his lack of speed in body (and mind at times) a risk against the flying Mudpies
- Mansell also selected on form and did OK last week with a good goal, but might have to go back and take a small to replace Broady or Short
- that leaves Cumbo to try to replace Dusty up forward; closest in type (on our list currently) although not in great form it seems
- not sure of 4th in; was thinking Miller but with Cox out and possibly rain, plus Samson retained, will eave it to the selectors. Happy with Sonz perhaps to support mids and Cumbo up forward. Not sure Juddy is hardened enough yet.

Edit: To be clearer as Mansell was already in team: Ross/Hopper, Cumbo/Dusty, Miller/Broad, Sonz/Short but if he's not fit enough yet, he goes sub and Judd to take Short's wing. Miller and Mansell to rotate down back on a tall/small if Miller is required for any ruck work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It will be Dow, Ross, Cumberland and Mansell in. Clarke or Sonsie as sub.