Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
That doesn't surprise me. We all love the athletic abilities of Balta and he has had some great moments but he is far from the finished product and most of us have been guilty of over rating him. Hopefully a lot more improvement and consistency is still to come and he reaches those elite levels.

Doesn't help they trialed him forward then moved him back

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I would certainly agree that Balta was not very good in 2022, not sure what the issue is but he really does look like he can't see a thing at times.

DS

He has a problem with his eyesight doesn't he? Needs contacts

Maybe needs the goggles like Kareen Abdul-Jabbar

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Doesn't help they trialed him forward then moved him back
No for sure, that certainly hasn't helped but I think his forward days are probably done now except for some cameo appearances and hopefully he can develop into a top line defender.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I am intrigued with Miller next year. Finished the year really strong. I will be keen to see him go up another level.

Playing that 2nd ruck role, his next step is to hit the scoreboard more.
He really took some nice steps foward in many roles in 2022
His Ruckwork whilst not elite created a contest and has a good leap allowing Nank a rest
Foward craft was also pretty good with the limited times he went foward and marked the ball well at the highest point
Defence is still developing but looked strong and agile

Not the finished project yet but definitely very good signs but i would love to see him go foward abit more

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dimma was filthy at Balta after the Brisbane E.F.
Said in private that Balta cost us 7 goals by not following basic team rules

All true, and this has been raised on several occasions by the coaching staff with Noah. However I can't help but think that the forward experiment was detrimental to his season. Leave him back and keep him there.

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This is the best nugget on the board in a long time. Good get DA Baracus.

That doesn't surprise me. We all love the athletic abilities of Balta and he has had some great moments but he is far from the finished product and most of us have been guilty of over rating him. Hopefully a lot more improvement and consistency is still to come and he reaches those elite levels.
Yeah, the forward experiment has been floated since drafted, I've never seen it. Balta is a straight line footballer, needs to see it unfold in front of him.

Gibcus and Balta have the backhalf locked down for the next 8-10 years. I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 12 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
For me, keep it simple with Balta that's it his a natural defender, but he needs to get fitter and hopefully, Truck works with him.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
For me, keep it simple with Balta that's it his a natural defender, but he needs to get fitter and hopefully, Truck works with him.
Lost his way a bit last year.

Bouncing all over the ground no doubt had him thinking too much, and hes not a natural footballer.

FB is his best suited position straight ahead and punch it every time ya cant mark it, its simple stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Tweeted? Where?
Probably nowhere. He signed a long term deal last year. He generally goes back home during the off season, and he loves it up there. Fair enough. I don’t think there’s any team up there that could give him what he gets out of playing for the Tigers with his mates and his uncle.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Keep him in he backline & see how he goes. He looked lost at times after being thrown around too much. Baker has said he'd like to stay in the 1 spot instead of being thrown around also.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
This is the best nugget on the board in a long time. Good get DA Baracus.

Yeah, the forward experiment has been floated since drafted, I've never seen it. Balta is a straight line footballer, needs to see it unfold in front of him.

Gibcus and Balta have the backhalf locked down for the next 8-10 years. I'm happy with that.
Truck is going to be fantastic for these 2 going fwd

Reactions: 8 users