Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Live from training today Thursday:

Tylar Young walking boundary and just joined rehab with Lynch Sonsie Graham Colina and one of our young blokes is in a moon boot so looks Ike he may have escaped with concussion only.
Gibcus walked one lap and is out there watching the boys.
Shorty back with main group.

Looks like we have umpires here so hopefully some match play?

A full report later, maybe?
Maybe the umps are there to let them know the new ways they will be F#$**&^! them over this year.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Would love for Cotch to have a solid year and go out as the deserved, celebrated champion that he is....... once and for all, sticking it to that constant bagger and serial hater Cornes, who as recently as a couple of weeks ago declared that "Cotchin should have retired 2 years ago" ...... this from a bloke who announced that HE would retire once he reached 300!
Great joy for us that day , pissjng on his milestone and final match!
Kane Cornes v Trent Cotchin is the greatest mismatch since gnat met windscreen. Put them in the squared circle, Kornhole would be carried out inside two minutes, put a ball between them and Cotch wins a Brownlow. Everyone knows it, especially Kornes.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just read this on the HS website. Sounds good.

Richmond recruit Jacob Hopper is close to full fitness after a 2022 season that was ruined by a persistent knee injury.
Hopper played just seven games for Greater Western Sydney last year after being sidelined for four months with the issue.

However, the 25-year-old midfielder has barely missed a beat over his first pre-season at Punt Rd.

“He’s been able to do almost the whole training block,” Richmond assistant coach Andrew McQualter said.

“He does a little bit less on one of the training days but for the majority of pre-season he has been able to do all the work and looks good.”

Trent Cotchin and Jacob Hopper at Richmond training at Punt Road Oval. Picture: Andrew Henshaw

Trent Cotchin and Jacob Hopper at Richmond training at Punt Road Oval. Picture: Andrew Henshaw
Richmond key forward Tom Lynch again missed main training on Thursday as he continues to recover form foot surgery before Christmas.

“Lynchy hasn’t trained yet but he’s really building up his running,” McQualter said.

“Hopefully in the next few weeks he’ll be back into training and be in good shape.

“He’s had enough pre-seasons under his belt that he’ll be able to pick it up quickly.”

Former Geelong midfielder-forward Quinton Narkle is continuing to train with the Tigers in search of a rookie list spot through the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period.

“He’s had a terrific campaign with us,” McQualter said.

“Two weeks before Christmas he joined us and he was really able to dedicate himself over the break and lose some weight and get himself into shape where he’s performing really well. He’s put his hand up for sure.”

Richmond faces Carlton in a Round 1 showdown on March 16.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
….What’s Dion done now?

All I have said on Dion is I have him in on watch, he did all the drills prior to match sim and looked great, kicked a goal from boundary 55 metres out.
Dominant in first 10 minutes of match play along with Taranto and Hopper and then I noticed he was no longer on the field or in the dug out watching.

I DID NOT, say he was injured, saw no incident, nor did I see him leave the field, but I was a bit surprised of his limited match play involvement and then total disappearance from proceedings. Given Dion's history he just goes on my watch list that he is ok.

Reactions: 11 users

Meteoric Rise

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2020
All I have said on Dion is I have him in on watch, he did all the drills prior to match sim and looked great, kicked a goal from boundary 55 metres out.
Dominant in first 10 minutes of match play along with Taranto and Hopper and then I noticed he was no longer on the field or in the dug out watching.

I DID NOT, say he was injured, saw no incident, nor did I see him leave the field, but I was a bit surprised of his limited match play involvement and then total disappearance from proceedings. Given Dion's history he just goes on my watch list that he is ok.

Ok so you think he is out for the season then. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
This is why i have difficulty when I am asked how Steely and Seth are going when they don't train in numbers, Steely 179cm Seth 182cm and both poor excuse for mo's ;)
1674725722203.png 1674725796119.png

Reactions: 4 users