Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Looks like we’ve got one last session before camp. Hope we have some eyes down there for a report today :)View attachment 17855

Damn! I saw the Budget Mini Buses lined up in the PRO car park yesterday arvo and just assumed the boys would be off early for their camp.

Raced down after seeing your post but the boys obviously started early so by the time i got there Black and White teams were already 7 goals a piece.

Only got to see 10 minutes, in that time i saw JNR terrorising defenders and at one point dashed into the midfield gathered the ball did a blind turn and delivered to Shai who played on for goal. Shai at his cat like best. Hopper and Taranto winning the clearances with Dow their accomplice in the middle for the Black team who did a few nice things.
White teams mids were Steely again, George and ? so not much to beat.
Dusty chasing and bringing Broady down in a tackle.
Cotch pressuring and kicked a goal. Samson had just finished his stint in the ruck and kicked a snap goal forward after receiving a handball.
Bauer took 3 marks for 1 goal and 1 goal assist for the White team the 3rd mark was a lead up to the wing.
Miller did a bullet pass to Bauer.

Final scores were 75 Black Team to 65 White team. I assume there would have been a few guernsey/match up changes from 1st to 2nd half.

*Again quite a few VFL top-ups.

Not taking part at least whilst i were there:
Prestia
Grimes
DRioli
Sonsie
Short
And the obvious, (Lynch Graham Colina Young Gibcus).

Sorry folks that is all I can give you, it was only my Dandy Dollar Dash that got you that much.

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44 users

RobsJourney

Tiger Cub
Sep 24, 2020
Damn! I saw the Budget Mini Buses lined up in the PRO car park yesterday arvo and just assumed the boys would be off early for their camp.

Raced down after seeing your post but the boys obviously started early so by the time i got there Back and White teams where already 7 goals a piece.

Only got to see 10 minutes, in that time i saw JNR terrorising defenders and at one point dashed into the midfield gathered the ball did a blind turn and delivered to Shai who played on for goal. Shai at his cat like best. Hopper and Taranto winning the clearances with Dow their accomplice in the middle for the Black team who did a few nice things.
Cotch pressuring and kicked a goal. Samson had just finished his stint in the ruck and kicked a snap goal forward after receiving a handball.
Bauer took 3 marks for 1 goal and 1 goal assist for the White team the 3rd mark was a lead up to the wing.

Final scores were 75 Black Team to 65 White team. I assume there would have been a few guernsey/match up changes from 1st to 2nd half.

Prestia
Grimes
DRioli
Sonsie
Short

Sorry folks that is all I can give you, it was only my Dandy Dollar Dash that got you that much.

Cheers
Assuming Balta was out there? Someone on BigFooty said he was reported to be on the LTI, but someone else said he likely read a fake thing.

Reactions: 1 user

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022

Raced down after seeing your post but the boys obviously started early so by the time i got there Back and White teams where already 7 goals a piece.

Prestia
Grimes
DRioli
Sonsie
Short

Cheers
Thanks for the mad dash! The list of guys who weren’t participating when you arrived is growing a bit too much for my liking.. hopefully the ones that aren’t in the brackets are all short term injuries/training load management

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Assuming Balta was out there? Someone on BigFooty said he was reported to be on the LTI, but someone else said he likely read a fake thing.

Well Balta has made a miraculous recovery then;), no issues at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
The Age has a report up on the intra-club, reporting that Grimes did play, along with Balta in defence.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The Age has a report up on the intra-club, reporting that Grimes did play, along with Balta in defence.
Cut n paste via the Age.....

Triple-premiership defender Nick Vlastuin may have overcome a rib injury, but he faced as tough a pre-season challenge as possible when matched up on Dustin Martin during Richmond’s intra-club match on Monday.
Vlastuin had spent time away from contact training, having fractured a rib at training earlier this month, but he recovered quickly and his run and carry were on show in a spirited clash of more than an hour at Punt Rd where senior AFL umpires took charge.
While co-captain Dylan Grimes had bulk minutes on Martin, Vlastuin had spells on a man who has been in mint condition through the summer. Martin has dispelled any fears his interest in the game – and the Tigers – had waned. There had been suggestions last year Martin was considering a shift to Sydney, and linking with the Swans.
Dustin Martin was in fine touch during an intra-club match at Punt Rd on Monday.

Dustin Martin was in fine touch during an intra-club match at Punt Rd on Monday. CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Martin finished with two goals on Monday, his first coming after a strong pack mark in front of Vlastuin, and his second from a clever snap in front of goal. He missed a set shot for a third he typically would have converted.

Vlastuin and Martin, the latter the only man to claim three Norm Smith Medals, will be central figures in the Tigers’ bid to return to premiership contention, having been beaten in the opening week of the finals last year.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...the-afl-men-s-pre-season-20230129-p5cgau.html
The Tigers have privately been delighted with Martin this pre-season, for he has barely missed a session, and appears set to again be a consistent threat. While acknowledging that at 31 he may no longer be the dominant midfield threat he once was, the Tigers believe he can create havoc forward of centre and inside attacking 50, particularly when left one-out with his opponent.
Jack Dyer medallist Tom Lynch is on the mend from plantar fasciitis surgery in December and did not take to the field.
“He’s really building up his running and within the next few weeks. He’ll be back into training and be in good shape,” Tigers assistant coach Andrew McQualter said.

Lynch, the Tigers’ best forward, booted 63 goals in 19 matches this season, averaging 3.2 contested marks per game.
Veteran Jack Riewoldt was busy up forward, while co-captain Toby Nankervis pushed forward when the opportunity arose. Noah Balta, who spent time up forward last season, was used in his customary role in defence.
Former Greater Western Sydney pair Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper were in the same side and looked smooth through the midfield, having spells at centre bounces.
Quinton Narkle, the former Cat hoping to force his way onto the Tigers list as a supplemental selection, found plenty of the ball. Narkle’s dash has never been questioned, but his consistency has been an issue. He was in good touch across half-back and through the midfield, and pushed forward when the opportunity arose. He is keen to make a splash if given a second chance.

Premiership pair Liam Baker and Shai Bolton, the latter arguably the Tigers’ most dynamic match-winner, had a good battle. Former skipper Trent Cotchin was busy at half-forward and pushing through the midfield.
The Tigers will have a warm-up clash against North Melbourne at Arden St later this month.
Keep up to date with the best AFL coverage in the country. Sign up for the Real Footy newsletter.

Reactions: 10 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great on Grimes, as i said I got there late so they could have subbed some players off by then, I also saw DRioli on boundary but didn't play for the 10 minutes i saw but could well of before hand.
They must have been 30 minute halves? in order to be 11 goals to 9 or else our defence still sucks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane

Raced down after seeing your post but the boys obviously started early so by the time i got there Black and White teams where already 7 goals a piece.

Prestia
Grimes
DRioli
Sonsie
Short

Cheers
Best ten minute summary I've ever read. Gold post status.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users