Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
This gets so tiresome.

The only people who suggested that he wanted to move to Sydney was the media. The swans denied it and were a bit bemused by it, nothing was ever said by Dusty or anyone else.

It seemed to be built on a comment by Ralph Carr that Dusty loves Sydney. It is a little pathetic really
it *smile* me no end that McClure has never been held to account for his own personal witch hunt on it. The worst thing is he's been through the same thing dusty has (per the pinned tweet on his Twitter account). It shows just what a piece of work he really is.

Reactions: 1 user

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
I guess Dustin would probably play a late-career Leigh Matthews type role.
Swivel and pivot on the forward line, virtually invincible.
We will also miss Josh.
He was dominant and imposing on the half-forward flank.
Scored the opening goal of the 2017 Grand Final, when JR was missing.
Josh had a psychological mastery over the Cats, having been discarded.
We had to defeat them each time to progress in the finals series.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
This gets so tiresome.

The only people who suggested that he wanted to move to Sydney was the media. The swans denied it and were a bit bemused by it, nothing was ever said by Dusty or anyone else.

It seemed to be built on a comment by Ralph Carr that Dusty loves Sydney. It is a little pathetic really
it *smile* me no end that McClure has never been held to account for his own personal witch hunt on it. The worst thing is he's been through the same thing dusty has (per the pinned tweet on his Twitter account). It shows just what a piece of work he really is.

You're shooting the messenger there gents.

After gushing over how much Dustin loves Sydney Carr was asked if he might sign with the Swans.

"I can't say, that's a big question."

"He's got two years to go at Richmond (sic) and it's too early to say where he might finish up."

The Sydney stuff certainly wasn't the media's doing.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

A few years ago the boys did a camp on the Sunshine Coast and stayed at Twin Waters. Now they are at the Big 4 Apollo Bay? Covid really has *smile* things up

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

After gushing over how much Dustin loves Sydney Carr was asked if he might sign with the Swans.

"He's got two years to go at Richmond (sic) and it's too early to say where he might finish up."

Sounds like he was talking post existing contract there TBR, end of 2024.

There was never anything said by anyone, Ralph included, that suggested Dusty was thinking of leaving at the end of 2022 or that the Swans were considering him. It is always possible that Dusty might finish elsewhere in a Luke Hodge type deal but that is not what the speculation was about.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
A few years ago the boys did a camp on the Sunshine Coast and stayed at Twin Waters. Now they are at the Big 4 Apollo Bay? Covid really has *smile* things up
I’d rather them save the money and go local than blow $1m on those high altitude camps that apparently were a great benefit but no one could quantify the benefit.

Reactions: 5 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
They had a camp in Cairns in 2016, which allowed me the chance to watch the boys in action. Crazy time of the year to be running around in FNQ... not sure what they were thinking.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
They had a camp in Cairns in 2016, which allowed me the chance to watch the boys in action. Crazy time of the year to be running around in FNQ... not sure what they were thinking.
Is there a good time to run around Cairns? My father-in-law lives there and everytime we visit, the humidity just kills me.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Daniel may be a bit biased but what he says about JNR in the video below and the glimpses I have seen this pre-season has me excited that MJ can take his game to a different level this year :)

*I acknowledge that he has come along way quicker than I thought he would and at a ceiling higher than I thought, (very happy to be surprised in a positive way).

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

They certainly didn't give up on the idea tho. McClure was even on Footy Classified saying Gold Coast should have a crack as well. He was desperate for Dusty to be out of Melbourne. He was even asked on the same segment if they were keen & he said no. That right there gave the game away.