Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hail Julius. The first day back and it's freezing cold and he delivers two paragraphs that I've pulled apart like it's the Dead Sea Scrolls.

What a legend.

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Has Sampson put on any obvious size Caesar?
He should have at least run past Colina in the 2klm’s.
Great result for Ross. Bodes well.
Early in this thread below is what i said i wanted to see from Samson in the off-season and leading into 2023 so that is why I were not overly enamoured with his first up run. , (endurance was an improvement requirement when drafted and continues to be so).
Can't tell if Samson has put on size.

Samson Ryan : Should have Olivia Newton John's 'Let's Get Physical' on loop. Size pretty good 206cm and 104kg, (but include a few more weights for strength). As an example Soldo who is a beast plays at 107kg. Endurance, endurance, endurance should also be his mantra in the off-season. Improve both those and he will be holding his ground and taking a lot more marks.

As for Colina I personally don't think he will make it but skill level looked up a notch and is moving well so that's a plus.

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Sounds like Hugo can kill it at short and longer distances.
Someone with inside info, might have been @Redford who mentioned this was the case.

And was part of the reason we pulled him out of any GWS trade deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Early in this thread below is what i said i wanted to see from Samson in the off-season and leading into 2023 so that is why I were not overly enamoured with his first up run. , (endurance was an improvement requirement when drafted and continues to be so).
Can't tell if Samson has put on size.

Samson Ryan : Should have Olivia Newton John's 'Let's Get Physical' on loop. Size pretty good 206cm and 104kg, (but include a few more weights for strength). As an example Soldo who is a beast plays at 107kg. Endurance, endurance, endurance should also be his mantra in the off-season. Improve both those and he will be holding his ground and taking a lot more marks.

As for Colina I personally don't think he will make it but skill level looked up a notch and is moving well so that's a plus.
Only early in the preseason but Ryan would have wanted to put a power of work into his body over the break.
He’s got the game but physically not ready to demand a spot in the seniors.
This year is critical in his development.
Being so far back of the pack in the 2klm is not encouraging.
Sounds more like he had Weird Al Jankovic’s ‘Let Get Physical’ on loop to me.
Or he was hanging with Sydney Stack

*Edit
What can be achieved in the off-season

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pressure is on a few of the slow coaches whov'e spent the last few years being made to look better by Stacky in the return trials.

Nowhere to hide now :))

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Someone with inside info, might have been @Redford who mentioned this was the case.

And was part of the reason we pulled him out of any GWS trade deals.
Yes. The Kaps McIntosh replacement ie hard, all game long two way running. Not many can do it.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Spitty Watson on Ch 7 news sport says they're gonna show Taz and Hop in our training instead they show the other 4 clubs.

Aints are gonna be a joke next season.