Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I reckon we only have two, KMac and Broady
Graham, Daniel Rioli are up there lots of games as well.

The Port game around Rd 20 our top three was a good sign - McIntosh, Graham, Sonsie, not bad for someone slated for a lazy work ethic.
The Brisbane final - top four runners McIntosh, Gibcus, Daniel Rioli, Short.

That was about the 3rd time I remember seeing Gibcus up near the top this year, more good signs.

And just quietly, Liam Baker ;)

Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Jack Ross & Cumberlands effort to keep up with Hugo was huge

Hugo is a machine

Reactions: 9 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
@caesar, how did MRJ do in the 2km and how did he look on the track generally?
If it wasn't for me saying Samson was a long way last it would have been me saying JNR was so not a particularly good 2km.
Generally it was a shocker weather wise so skills pretty much out the window.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Cumbo 3rd is a great result.

It will be a more difficult year for him with oppo clubs putting work into stopping him. It's good to see he is well prepared for preseason

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Cumbo 3rd is a great result.

It will be a more difficult year for him with oppo clubs putting work into stopping him. It's good to see he is well prepared for preseason
Thats 1 way to look at it but then there is the other side of the coin

With Taranto & Hopper now in the team and Bolton/Martin getting more foward time the last person they will be looking to put time into is cumberland

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If it wasn't for me saying Samson was a long way last it would have been me saying JNR was so not a particularly good 2km.
Generally it was a shocker weather wise so skills pretty much out the window.

Disappointing. I was hoping he would have at least progressed to the middle of the pack. Doesn't need to be an undurance beast but would like to see him in a midfield rotation at some point

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Not fussed on MRj not running a sub 6.30 2km TT. He is a repeat sprint beast, very short sprints, but still very good at it. As long as he gets in the required conditioning work, then I reckon Dimma will be happy.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thats 1 way to look at it but then there is the other side of the coin

With Taranto & Hopper now in the team and Bolton/Martin getting more foward time the last person they will be looking to put time into is cumberland
Agree, it's hard to cover all forward options such as Dusty and Shai, especially if our midfield of Taranto Hopper Prestia Cotch Graham Short is firing.
(That's so fun to write)

On Cumbo he was averaging just under 2.5 goals a game, ignoring his first non-ground sub game. That's 50 goals a season.
Big numbers that would be impossible to ignore.
He also tackles well.
With endurance and improvement he can be at Breust level

• Love

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Agree, it's hard to cover all forward options such as Dusty and Shai, especially if our midfield of Taranto Hopper Prestia Cotch Graham Short is firing.
(That's so fun to write)

On Cumbo he was averaging just under 2.5 goals a game, ignoring his first non-ground sub game. That's 50 goals a season.
Big numbers that would be impossible to ignore.
He also tackles well.
With endurance and improvement he can be at Breust level
Need to remember that Martin was not in that team when Cumbo was firing. He will get far fewer opportunities with Bolton and Martin spending larger chunks in the forward line.

Anything more than 25 goals next year would be a fantastic return.

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Need to remember that Martin was not in that team when Cumbo was firing. He will get far fewer opportunities with Bolton and Martin spending larger chunks in the forward line.

Agreed 1.5 goals a game for his position is elite territory

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

I'd rather Cumbo gets 1st priority over Duz.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In case you haven't been to the website yet below is a photo gallery and video of training :

Reactions: 1 users

Meteoric Rise

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2020
Has Sampson put on any obvious size Caesar?
He should have at least run past Colina in the 2klm’s.
Great result for Ross. Bodes well.

From all reports Colina is a decent runner, so I wouldn’t be too harsh on Smason for finishing in his wake.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
From all reports Colina is a decent runner, so I wouldn’t be too harsh on Smason for finishing in his wake.
Running on a basketball court is very different than running on grass. Grass is heavier and requires stronger legs.
And football players run longer distances too.
Ryan coming into his 3rd preseason against Colina starting his first. He should have a definite advantage with conditioning.
I expected better from Ryan. Reckon the club would too.