Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The description on Rhyan Mansell (a famous Tasmanian name?) are compelling if you scratch the surface.

Played in 4 senior premiership in a row from the age of 17

“Rhyan is a fierce competitor with his leg speed, tackling and kicking a feature of his game. Rhyan is a fantastic young man'

Statistic suggest he had a case for BOG in the latest SANFL premiership? 20 disposals and 5 tackles off a HBF, topped the fantasy points.

we all know the tigers No.2 recruiting rule .....
'if they come from Tasmania and have an 'R' in their initials, you grab 'em

my $$ is on this kid pulling on the jumper

Snap. My thoughts also Easy when I read that website article.
Four senior premierships in a row at such an age was very impressive to my way of thinking.
Seems he is already accustomed to the big stage (well, not quite the biggest stage yet).
Hope he puts in a blinder of pre-season and that the recruiting and coaching staff are compelled to select him.
It will be most interesting to read Caesar's (and others) training reports to see if he is having any impact.

Reactions: 2 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Hadn’t Ben Nason been playing SANFL magoos when we drafted him? If Couroupis can’t get a game for his club team, how can he get a game for us?

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Hadn’t Ben Nason been playing SANFL magoos when we drafted him? If Couroupis can’t get a game for his club team, how can he get a game for us?
Youth? He is young with a late Dec birthday.
And reports that his u18 years were wiped by back problems.
So will be interesting to see how he fares

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yeah I hate that description. The reality is that players like that are drafted because the recruiters see something that they can work with to make him a better player.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
from SANFL rd 11 match report

'Poised Rhyan Mansell mopped up plenty of the Roosters’ attacks across half-back to tally 22 disposals and seven marks'

Poised
is a strange word to say, but along with tough, it's a word you really want to hear used about a prospective half back flanker.

Poise is a rare commodity. It's a bit like contested marking in that you can either do it or you cant.

This kid seems to get the ball 20 times on his HBF pretty much every single week.

really looking forward to seeing him

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

'Poised Rhyan Mansell mopped up plenty of the Roosters’ attacks across half-back to tally 22 disposals and seven marks'

Poised
is a strange word to say, but along with tough, it's a word you really want to hear used about a prospective half back flanker.

Poise is a rare commodity. It's a bit like contested marking in that you can either do it or you cant.

This kid seems to get the ball 20 times on his HBF pretty much every single week.

he just plays like a Richmond man, reckon Dimma would love him

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
not too much fanfare, but an article on rfc

The description on Rhyan Mansell (a famous Tasmanian name?) are compelling if you scratch the surface.

Played in 4 senior premiership in a row from the age of 17

“Rhyan is a fierce competitor with his leg speed, tackling and kicking a feature of his game. Rhyan is a fantastic young man'

Statistic suggest he had a case for BOG in the latest SANFL premiership? 20 disposals and 5 tackles off a HBF, topped the fantasy points.

looks like a footballer and sounds pretty Richmondy?

we all know the tigers No.2 recruiting rule .....
'if they come from Tasmania and have an 'R' in their initials, you grab 'em

my $$ is on this kid pulling on the jumper

Dunno Ezy, the kid spelling his name Ryan with a h is a pretty big black mark imo.

I saw online yesterday a woman that instead of her name being spelled Zoe, was spelled Xoe. The worlds gone cuckoo.

But when someone with a name of Kamdyn is a dual premiership winning wingman, then maybe someone with the name Rhyan will end up as a some sort of mix between Andrew Mcleod and Bachar Houli.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Poised

Little Shake n Bake b poised in our back line n the Dusty one b so poised it's farkin ridiculous. Great characteristic for any player to have. George on the other hand can only b described as erratic, but lots of fun.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Snap. My thoughts also Easy when I read that website article.
Four senior premierships in a row at such an age was very impressive to my way of thinking.
Seems he is already accustomed to the big stage (well, not quite the biggest stage yet).
Hope he puts in a blinder of pre-season and that the recruiting and coaching staff are compelled to select him.
It will be most interesting to read Caesar's (and others) training reports to see if he is having any impact.
Impressive performance in SANFL GF too

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Have been down the Maribyrnong River each morning at 5am . Over the past 3 weeks the “ Skip “ has been there every morning. He is fit as ! From shuttle runs to 4klms runs, fittest he has been. Looks a treat

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Have been down the Maribyrnong River each morning at 5am . Over the past 3 weeks the “ Skip “ has been there every morning. He is fit as ! From shuttle runs to 4klms runs, fittest he has been. Looks a treat
Great to hear shows you how boys a still hungry for success and move on quickly.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Dunno Ezy, the kid spelling his name Ryan with a h is a pretty big black mark imo.

I saw online yesterday a woman that instead of her name being spelled Zoe, was spelled Xoe. The worlds gone cuckoo.

But when someone with a name of Kamdyn is a dual premiership winning wingman, then maybe someone with the name Rhyan will end up as a some sort of mix between Andrew Mcleod and Bachar Houli.
Marlion say hi

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Looks like Captain Crunch is going to lead by example and set the standards.
What a Skipper and leader he is, on so many levels!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Amazing scenes at training this morning as AFL Clubs return. Reports that entire Estates have been trained down

• Haha