Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
1-4 year Players back today I probably missed half the session as had an earlier appointment.

Caught them doing 600's Stack was in a small group of Biggie and Miller and disappointingly, (but not surprisingly), finished 300 metres behind coming in last.
CJ out there but didn't do any running or much else so not sure what the issue was there.
Naishy and Dow headed the bigger running group.

Sorry folks, Day 1 over, hardly worth me doing a report.

Cheers Caesar.... Well played mate.

Syd needs to get it on he's been given one more chance, and its now or never for him.

Hopefully he hasnt been coasting since he got sent home in disgrace.

Stackie is one that might not actually have the capacity to have that elite tank.

Some are blessed with endurance capabilities and others with fast twitch explosive fibres in their body thus are explosive athletes or burst athletes.

I was the same as a young key defender.

I could sprint and jump high and was as agile as an alley cat, but f#$%# me if i could never get out of that group of blokes who couldnt run distance.

Even over shorter distances like 3-5 kms I'd still be at the rear.

But id dominate the sprints and fast paced work. I f#$%#$#&% hated pre season running :))

Looking forward to a big season from the #44.

Rossy, Dow and Martyn will be interesting to watch over the pre season also Riley Hyphen and CCJ.

A big season from Syd AND Daniel will go a long way towards pushing the Tigers towards contending for flag # 14

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
No surprise there
Can’t keep the WA Breweries in business and expect to be an elite athlete at the same time . Expect to seeing the “ vomiting at training photos “in upcoming weeks . You get the drift !

It's December FFS. How about we give the kid a chance to redeem himself.

Reactions: 8 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks Caesar. Has Biggie put on any size? Last year he made David Bourke look like Brutus.

I had that discussion with someone as we were watching and although still slim I had Biggie as the most primed specimen out there, (his guns looking alright). He may have just overtaken David Bourke and Adam Fiora in size;)
Whilst on Biggie, his was the loudest voice out there today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Cheers Caesar.... Well played mate.

Stackie is one that might not actually have the capacity to have that elite tank.

Some are blessed with endurance capabilities and others with fast twitch explosive fibres in their body thus are explosive athletes or burst athletes.

I was the same a a young key defender.

I could sprint and jump high and was as agile as an alley cat, but f#$%# me if i could never get out of that group of blokes who couldnt run distance.

Even over shorter distances like 3-5 kms I'd still be at the rear.

But id dominate the sprints and fast paced work. I f#$%#$#&% hated pre season running :))

Looking forward to a big season from the #44.

Rossy, Dow and Martyn will be interesting to watch over the pre season also Riley Hyphen and CCJ.

A big season from Syd AND Daniel will go a long way towards pushing the Tigers towards contending for flag # 14
Pee weak excuses. He is a professional athlete yet continually turns up out of shape. Its his attitude not his body that's letting him down

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Did you have the habits of an alley cat...............out on the tiles all the time:help:mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pee weak excuses. He is a professional athlete yet continually turns up out of shape. Its his attitude not his body that's letting him down
Come on Kong now now, just giving the kid a bit of wriggle room but I definately do agree its last chance saloon for him and there is no way he should be turning up below par especially after being sent home in disgrace.

Lets see how much he wants it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Did you have the habits of an alley cat...............out on the tiles all the time:help:mhihi
Ahhh the glory days .........the older I get the better I definitely was .

I am better looking nowdays though I must admit, Ive aged well aestheticaly. :mhihi :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ahhh the glory days .........the older I get the better I definitely was .

I am better looking nowdays though I must admit, Ive aged well aestheticaly. :mhihi :mhihi
It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
No surprise there
Can’t keep the WA Breweries in business and expect to be an elite athlete at the same time . Expect to seeing the “ vomiting at training photos “in upcoming weeks . You get the drift !

Haters hate - no surprise there either
And Stacky haters like your good self are probably itching to see him fail - just so you can hate him some more

Hang in there Sydney - some of us want to see you playing good footy for us in ‘21

Reactions: 9 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
I suppose Stacky could have just done a Flyin Ryan.... tripped over his own feet and spent the rest of the session getting assesssed and avoiding training!

Miller and Biggy are athletic types. Sydney is a footballer. I’m not surprised the other two left him in their dust.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Syd has been practicing to home cook kebabs - plenty of them by the sound of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
It's only December long way to go .. we want to see Stacky up and fit in April .. plenty of time to get his fitness up to speed .. I hope he gets it together and makes it !

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Amazing effort by Stacky to be that unfit he could loose by 300m in 600m reps to players in the last running group. He must have busted himself in exile.
He looks bloody fit in a few instagram pics. At least his body is in good nick just needs to spew a few more times to get the tank back.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
1-4 year Players back today I probably missed half the session as had an earlier appointment.

Caught them doing 600's Stack was in a small group of Biggie and Miller and disappointingly, (but not surprisingly), finished 300 metres behind coming in last.
CJ out there but didn't do any running or much else so not sure what the issue was there.
Naishy and Dow headed the bigger running group.

Sorry folks, Day 1 over, hardly worth me doing a report.

Was it possible Stackman is going half pace Caesar? Or that Biggie is an illegitimate child of Edwin Moses?

300m last in a 600m race would be pretty hard to achieve.

My young fella is in a preseason rehab group and going pretty EZ in main running drills.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I had that discussion with someone as we were watching and although still slim I had Biggie as the most primed specimen out there, (his guns looking alright). He may have just overtaken David Bourke and Adam Fiora in size;)
Whilst on Biggie, his was the loudest voice out there today.
Any observations of RCD or Will Martyn?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Any observations of RCD or Will Martyn?
Yeh RCD was overheard grumbling about how the hell he hasn't played a game while Stack helmet gets gifted games despite taking the pee. Will Martyn overheard this and told RCD if he is pee'd off now just wait until he misses out again to accommodate Will's Rd1 debut.

At that point RCD kicked over the drinks table as Martyn jogged off giggling to himself

• Haha

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Here's a song about that.

I suppose Stacky could have just done a Flyin Ryan.... tripped over his own feet and spent the rest of the session getting assesssed and avoiding training!

Miller and Biggy are athletic types. Sydney is a footballer. I’m not surprised the other two left him in their dust.
Both big men would seem to be fast twitch based so the distance work would be hard for them so calling them athletic does not excuse Stacks disappointing performance.

The positive side is he toughed it out even though it would have been humiliating coming in 300 mt. behind.

The worst thing our match committee did to Stack was gift him games last year, it sent a poor message to Stack re standards required.

Reactions: 2 users