Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Are they open to the public?
Yep The Big R is right, you cannot get into the ground, I watch either from Punt Road footbath on the wing or from outside the Superstore.
So far this week they trained at 8am Sat morning, Monday 9:30am and I am expecting, (without ironclad knowing), that they will have a main session tomorrow @ 9:30am.

Cheers

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hawkins not only robbed Soldo of a premiership medal, but was culpably complacent during the horrific heist of Gary Ablett’s premiership cup, in prime time, by an ill-disciplined gang of nazis from right under the nation’s long, watchful nose.

Women and children everywhere were weeping in solidarity with Danger, easily recognised with all cameras centred on him, as he led poor Gary off the field.

Hawkins gazed on blankly in the background.
How sweet a moment it was too.

My most cherished of memories it will remain .................................... best.

Reactions: 3 users

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Yep The Big R is right, you cannot get into the ground, I watch either from Punt Road footbath on the wing or from outside the Superstore.
So far this week they trained at 8am Sat morning, Monday 9:30am and I am expecting, (without ironclad knowing), that they will have a main session tomorrow @ 9:30am.

Cheers
Thanks TBR and Caesar. Might see you there one Monday!

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Went today
Think Kamdyn and Dion are well ahead of the rest of them
Bachar has done zero training since the GF and will be eased back
Egg training for his career and 2nd chance is struggling big time . If you turn up half fit you will pay the price .

Reactions: 12 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Went today
Egg training for his career and 2nd chance is struggling big time . If you turn up half fit you will pay the price .
Love Kmac

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Went today

How is Egg compared to the others playing for a spot on the list?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Been delisted n invited to train along with a few others for the possibility of being put on the list at seasons start or mid season.

Yep understand that. My question was badly worded.

Was more wondering how Egg is standing up compared to the new guys? Ie. who is looking good out of the guys who don't currently have a list spot.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep understand that. My question was badly worded.

Was more wondering how Egg is standing up compared to the new guys? Ie. who is looking good out of the guys who don't currently have a list spot.
If they have the same level of skill and ability but are harder at it or show more intensity then they will likely get the spot ahead of Egg.

I'm tipping Mansell or Green will possibly beat him to the list spot.

No pun intended re beating him........................

Reactions: 3 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I've heard the coaches are happy with Cumberland. Be interested to hear his progress even though he is in rehab.

By the sounds of things, our 2019 draftees are aquitting themselves very well.

Would it be too stonkified if a bunch of no names became the next bunch of premiership role players?

Imagine the melts...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I've heard the coaches are happy with Cumberland. Be interested to hear his progress even though he is in rehab.

By the sounds of things, our 2019 draftees are aquitting themselves very well.

Would it be too stonkified if a bunch of no names became the next bunch of premiership role players?

Imagine the melts...
Speaking of melts, imagine we win it again this yr then they discover we have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rds of the Draft...

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Forgive me PRE for I have sinned, it has been 11 days and three training sessions since my last report. I were waiting for the return of the prodigal son, (JNR), and his cuz to return but alas they were given more time to support their family up North.

Just on Daniel and JNR, they have basically had 20 days away from the club so will be interesting to see what shape they come back in, no doubt they have trained together up there but would be hard to replicate the intensity and volume of training at club.

So as players go into their break:

2 Important cogs, Dion Prestia, Nank looking in great nick at this time of year.

Best Track performers, (established players), in order:
Bakes
Dusty
Kmac
Prestia
Shai
Shorty
Marlion
Balta

Best Track performers, (1 to 4 year players), in order:
Ross
RCD
Dow
Martyn/Hugo

Emerging Big Men???:
CJ:
Fitness levels behind this time last year IMO but seems to have integrated back into the group well after his indiscretion.
Biggie: Pardon the pun but has got bigger, athletically great if not aerobically so, needs to improve one on ones but certainly keen to keep an eye on his development
Miller: Seems to have progressed somewhat, (and needed to), I need to see scratch matches to make a better judgement.
Samson Ryan: So we have a baby Giraffe in our midst, (and 3 year project player for mine). Impressed with his skills for a big man and one grab marking and tap work. Endurance *smile* and together with strength/putting on size are the things he will be working on.

Rehab:

Soldo: Just started running straight lines.
Cumberland: Full paced straight line & lap running and just easing into some change of direction drills.
Bachar: Was a bad calf tear in GF, (amazing he was able to stay on field and aid in rotations), being very cautious in easing back into things.
Garthwaite: Forever in rehab the last couple of seasons not sure what issue keeps hampering him.
Mabs: Doing more laps than drills, doesn't look too much wrong with him though.

The last session going to the break Shedda seemed to have a lower back issue?, popped some pills and left the track 10 minutes in.

Kane Lambert: Going at about 80% but good progress after his hip op.

The Trialists:
Green:
I have a feeling we might take Green mainly because coaches seem to be giving him a bit more attention than others. From my observations whilst 192cm is a good size if a midfielder not so much if a key position player. Does not seem to have natural midfield craft and is not overly quick but I still think he may be the front runner.
Egg: Has the best skills of the lot but I am happy to move on as I still don't see the required intensity .
Rhyan Mansell: Shows a bit of dash, neat skills a tougher edge than Egg, don't mind him.
Nick Couroupis: Have not seen anything yet that excites me.

**NOTE: All above observations have been made without seeing competitive game sim or scratch matches so not ideal, expect the boys to crank it up when they come back from break.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users