Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
If you are a Tiger player and want some air time at any given chance always stand as near to Dusty as possible as often as possible.
Poor Miller seemed to be the one dusty was tearing a new one in the highlights ‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Training today, more an injury report:

Lambo doing maintenance this week, won't play Friday but will next week.
In rehab but Daniel gave me thumbs up on his ankle as he walked the boundary later did sprints so nothing too much to worry about can't see him playing Friday.
Prestia in rehab to begin his hamstring recovery, slow straight line stuff for him and some little 20m kick to kick with Soldo.
After his head clash in the Intra on Sat RCD sat out the contested drills but did everything else.
DTLD training fully after his absence from the Intra.
No Cotch today.

Bring on the Streamed Practice match 9:30 Friday where everyone can view!

Cheers
I'd guess those doing light duties this week won't play friday, RCD may not but should get a go next friday v Pies?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Couldn't see a prac game dees thread

But just watched the replay on utube?

Comments of the unexpected

- hugo servicable and industrious on the wing. Yes, a touch short of time, but on track.

- clayton oliver seemed to play much better when will martyn stopped shadowing him

- CCJ some serious glimpses when he came on

- i perceived more appetite for the contest fron Mabs

- caddy looked best 22 again, but you kind of need to be best 18 at tigerland???

- Bakes stood out, but hes always stood out to me. Something about his footy and my brain go together.

Didn't see MRJ light up the 2's.

Spewing

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Couldn't see a prac game dees thread

But just watched the replay on utube?

Comments of the unexpected

- hugo servicable and industrious on the wing. Yes, a touch short of time, but on track.

- clayton oliver seemed to play much better when will martyn stopped shadowing him

- CCJ some serious glimpses when he came on

- i perceived more appetite for the contest fron Mabs

- caddy looked best 22 again, but you kind of need to be best 18 at tigerland???

- Bakes stood out, but hes always stood out to me. Something about his footy and my brain go together.

Didn't see MRJ light up the 2's.

Spewing
Hugo played half back! Will be good once he gets a bit stronger in the contest, he has plenty of run and carry.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
From the comments so far I can see Dow, RCD, CCJ, Ross and Martyn all pushing for regular game time this year - they seem ready to step up as young players.

They have Caddy, Chol and Aarts as mature bodies who are competing also.

Then there are the unknowns - Stack who we know can play and Jr who could come from the clouds.

This is why the tigers aren’t finished yet - 9 or 10 players who makes us such a strong squad and our growth / improvement remarkably will come from within.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
From the comments so far I can see Dow, RCD, CCJ, Ross and Martyn all pushing for regular game time this year - they seem ready to step up as young players.

They have Caddy, Chol and Aarts as mature bodies who are competing also.

Then there are the unknowns - Stack who we know can play and Jr who could come from the clouds.

This is why the tigers aren’t finished yet - 9 or 10 players who makes us such a strong squad and our growth / improvement remarkably will come from within.
Plus we have 6 picks in the top 3 rds of the Draft, if this works it'll change the way list management is done. IMO it's much better than trading out of the Draft to stay on top, that does work but has an expiry date. Our way is the better long term option.

Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A close loss that by all reports should've been a win to a side with 4-6 weeks preparation on us is not a bad result for mine.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A close loss that by all reports should've been a win to a side with 4-6 weeks preparation on us is not a bad result for mine.

we looked like a merciful cat with a mouse to me.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We didn't get out of 2nd gear, not concerned by the result in the slightest. More than happy to let others have the early peak. Dees players even spoke of wanting to win because of who the oppo was, we rested players in the 4th when the game was "on the line".