Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The Tigers also confirmed on Tuesday that West Adelaide midfielder Nic Couroupis had been released and would ply his trade in the SANFL this season.
Couroupis had been training with Richmond during the pre-season and appeared in Friday’s reserves scratch match against the Demons. He remains listed on the AFL’s official permission-to-train list, which was circulated to clubs on Monday.
That leaves three contenders vying for the single opening left on the club’s list: defender Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, utility Josh Green and midfielder Jordan Gallucci. The trio all featured across the Tigers’ practice matches against the Demons last week and will spend another week with the club in a last bid to impress ahead of the AFL’s pre-season supplemental selection period deadline next Tuesday.
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (right) is one of the three players still in contention for a spot on Richmond’s list.

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (right) is one of the three players still in contention for a spot on Richmond’s list.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Advertisement

Eggmolesse-Smith, 22, was delisted by the Tigersat the end of last season despite playing six AFL games in 2020 and even polling in the Brownlow Medal. He was given the chance to earn a reprieve by impressing over the summer and remains in contention to stay at the club.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Flynn Appleby (centre)

Updated​

AFL 2021

Ex-Pie and former Lion let go by North Melbourne

The younger brother of Greater Western Sydney young gun Tom Green, Josh Green is also the grandson of Richmond premiership player Michael Green. From Canberra, he was bypassed by the Giants in last year’s draft despite being a member of the club’s academy.
A first-round draft pick in 2016, Gallucci played 27 games in four years for Adelaide before delisted. Having struggled with injury last year, he will play for Williamstown in the new-look VFL this year if not picked up by the Tigers.
Richmond have already filled one of their two rookie list vacancies, signing Tasmanian defender Rhyan Mansell, who had also been training with the club in a bid to get a list spot.
Advertisement

Mansell had built his case for an AFL opportunity via Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL.

Reactions: 3 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Didn't see much in Greene, in fact I wasnt that impressed with any of our train on players and would rather we keep the spot for mid season. Cam Olden showed more playing out on the wing. He was a real surprise, already has a good build and is a fantastic kick.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Didn't see much in Greene, in fact I wasnt that impressed with any of our train on players and would rather we keep the spot for mid season. Cam Olden showed more playing out on the wing. He was a real surprise, already has a good build and is a fantastic kick.
it wasnt Cam Olden on the wing wearing # 26

It was Garrett McDonagh

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Thanks Taz.

Garrett McDonagh.
yes mate, he has been around a while, 1st eligible for draft in 2014, so that would make him 25 ish

Was training with our VFL team in early 2020 before season got canned but AFAIK wasnt on the VFL list

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Matt McDonagh's food baby maybe. Who remembers that porky little HBF?
LOL, spelt differently , Plugger we used to call him, top bloke, him & Kamdyn used to live around the corner from me & used to see a fair bit of them

Plugger was definitely punching above his weight if you know what I mean

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So...............how is training looking this week?
Rioli, Lambo & Riley all trained fully this week and should be available for selection tomorrow night.

Lynch trained yesterday but paper reporting he will not play against Pies

Reactions: 5 users

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Yep. Great opportunity tomorrow night. RCD, CCJ and Will Martyn all playing :clap2:clap2

Reactions: 2 users