Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
You’d think the egg will be relisted given his selection in the game tomorrow night. I am a bit torn. Young Greene looks good.

Reactions: 2 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Ok be interesting who takes Lynches spot for the game .. I was surprised we didn't take a tall forward in the recent draft or invited a tall forward for one of the vacant spots . I guess the thinking is that Choi , Biggie or CJ would be JRs eventual replacement ?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ok be interesting who takes Lynches spot for the game .. I was surprised we didn't take a tall forward in the recent draft or invited a tall forward for one of the vacant spots . I guess the thinking is that Choi , Biggie or CJ would be JRs eventual replacement ?
Maybe we are eyeing one off from another club.

Another genuine key back would be welcome also.

Miller and garth not exactly inspiring options at this point of time.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Apparently there's a VFL praccy match on fri so i am guessing it'll work back from there. With Rd 1 the following week we may have our last serious session on wednesday? Only a guess.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Apparently there's a VFL praccy match on fri so i am guessing it'll work back from there. With Rd 1 the following week we may have our last serious session on wednesday? Only a guess.

Next week being a Thursday night game I'd say training would be:

Last main session: Tuesday 16/03
Captains Run: Wednesday 17/03, (not a serious session just freshening up and blowing a few cobwebs out).

This Week with VFL practice game at 5pm Friday it's hard to say:

Might walk past tomorrow morning to see if the boys have been given the long weekend off too if they have i'll make assumptions from there.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Players got the jump on me this morning and must have started training early, saw the last 30 minutes so can't vouch for the accuracy of player attendance record.

No sign when I got there of:
Lambo
Cotch
Grimes
Kamdyn

**Note: JR8 was just heading inside as I arrived so maybe players above had already left?

In good news Lynch and Prestia training with main group.

Players were giving Bachar a good natured rev up as he progressed to sprinting for the 1st time.

At the end a few of the boys were mucking around kicking torps, Samson Ryan connected with the only two he attempted each going well over 50.
On Samson he does a hell of a lot of set goal kicking and is a pretty reliable kick.

**Conundrum: So Samson needs to improve his endurance and also put on weight/size, which is more important? I don't see him doing much lap running to increase the former, does that mean they are feeding him steak and pasta and putting him in the gym?
Is it possible to work on maximizing both simultaneously?, probably not.

PS. No sign of Green or Galluci today but Eggs was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I drove past at about 9, wasn't even thinking footy, and then Soldo's 'mo caught the corner of my eye as he retrieved a ball near the fence. Mo has put on size and strength and will be announced as the final list spot today. Bachar was nearby and there was a large mob doing some warmups in the centre.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I drove past at about 9, wasn't even thinking footy, and then Soldo's 'mo caught the corner of my eye as he retrieved a ball near the fence. Mo has put on size and strength and will be announced as the final list spot today. Bachar was nearby and there was a large mob doing some warmups in the centre.
They usually start at 9:30, i got their 9:45am today so based on above I saw less than half the session.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

what about Bachar's beard? Big off-season?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Size first, it takes several training years to build the aerobic capacity so that will be a much slower process. While he is putting on the size you don't want him doing too much as the body changes can create a significant vulnerability to injury.
They should get him to move in with me.
I can guarantee that he wouldn’t be doing too much and a Monty to put on heaps of weight.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
**Conundrum: So Samson needs to improve his endurance and also put on weight/size, which is more important? I don't see him doing much lap running to increase the former, does that mean they are feeding him steak and pasta and putting him in the gym?
Is it possible to work on maximizing both simultaneously?, probably not.
It’s very difficult to work on both at the same time. Different energy systems, physical demands etc..what has been proven is it takes a long time to build proficiency in the gym, learning how to squat, deadlift etc these are learned skills for an athlete. I imagine he is a beginner in this area.
running can be improved on a 4-6 week program, far easier.
But what is also proven is increase in gym strength translates across to running performance. Just a guess but I reckon they are focusing on his gym proficiency and using normal training to build his running capacity.

Reactions: 1 users