Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main Training session today and it was a long one:

So Cotch only played a half against Pies which I thought was probably management.
Did not see him at training at all Mon Tues and today he is in rehab, he did about 40 min, does not look too bad? but is definitely on my watch list.

As an afterthought i don't think i saw Shedda out there?

Anyway the he whole group trained for the first hour then the boys who are playing a game of VFL tomorrow left the track, (@eZyT won't be happy Marlion was amongst them).

Main group trained on.
Dion looking magnificent :clap2 bar set back 100% for round 1.
Lynch no worries for round 1 either.

Kamdyn Lambo Grimes who I didn't see Tues all out there.

Draftees:
Samson Ryan took 2 marks leading up to the wing, one on DTLD, continue to be impressed.
JNR moving better each session I see him.

Reactions: 31 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

So Cotch only played a half against Pies which I thought was probably management.
Did not see him at training at all Mon Tues and today he is in rehab, he did about 40 min, does not look too bad? but is definitely on my watch list.

Anyway the he whole group trained for the first hour then the boys who are playing a game of VFL tomorrow left the track, (@eZyT won't be happy Marlion was amongst them).

Main group trained on.

Draftees:
Samson Ryan took 2 marks leading up to the wing, one on DTLD, continue to be impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
@caesar which of the kids stayed after the VFL guys left?

None: Which is good as it is better the young guys get to play a full game as they got minimal minutes in pre-season games.

Marlion in the same boat as Caddy looking the preferred option at this stage and Marlion only got a half v Pies so needs minutes.

Dimma's new favorite, (Aarts), remained in the main group.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Main group trained on.

Draftees:
Thanks Julius.

Much appreciated always.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
None: Which is good as it is better the young guys get to play a full game as they got minimal minutes in pre-season games.

Marlion in the same boat as Caddy looking the preferred option at this stage and Marlion only got a half v Pies so needs minutes.

Dimma's new favorite, (Aarts), remained in the main group.
So would it be fair to say that Aarts & Caddy replace Houli & Pickett from last years GF side for Round 1?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So would it be fair to say that Aarts & Caddy replace Houli & Pickett from last years GF side for Round 1?
If you were to base it on pre-season and practice matches then yes, they have been experimenting with a couple of positions and Marlion may be the loser?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
If you were to base it on pre-season and practice matches then yes, they have been experimenting with a couple of positions and Marlion may be the loser?
How is Ralph looking at training
* Whats his build like has he developed or still looks raw
* Skills and also his height , My nephew who know 1 of his friends mentioned to him he is now the same height as RCD (192) would be interesting if he has

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How is Ralph looking at training
* Whats his build like has he developed or still looks raw
* Skills and also his height , My nephew who know 1 of his friends mentioned to him he is now the same height as RCD (192) would be interesting if he has

Re Hugo, he has certainly developed, but still a little raw in terms of the position he is learning.
If he was allowed to play as a free flowing wingman, (which there is no place for at Richmond ;)), he may be good to go at a lesser club.

Has been training all season at half back where he can provide plenty of run but still needs to get a bit stronger one on one/contested. I haven't seen the aerial strength yet that he is supposed to possess? Would be a bit of a weapon if he could become an interceptor and use his dash.
Drafting Mansell and re-drafting Egg my question is, is half back where he will end up.?
A bit like Balta his versatility still might see him thrown around a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do forward in the VFL as he was drafted on his forward exploits as a junior.

Here is a reminder snippet from Draft Central:

in a final against the Calder Cannons kicking three first quarter goals proving too strong in the air and too quick and slick at ground level. He would finish the game with 19 disposals, eight marks and kicking 3.3 in his best performance for the year. Ralphsmith oozes talent and despite underperforming for Vic Metro he was still able to pull of one of the plays of the championships kicking a long range banana and make it look effortless and it’s almost a case of what cant he do as a forward as he ticks a lot of boxes and is the type of player you could see flourishing in a team like Richmond that like to move the ball on at all cost.

Size: has bulked up, don't know height, as for being same size as RCD RFC website has Riley at 189ccm, Hugo 188cm.

Reactions: 2 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014

Main group trained on.

Draftees:
Do you have any details of time/ venue on the VFL game tomorrow please Caesar?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Do you have any details of time/ venue on the VFL game tomorrow please Caesar?
Sorry not sure Billy but one of the coaches on TV after the game against Pies said it was going to be 5pm Friday but didn't say where but it is not at Punt Road.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thanks DA, haven’t been there since the SOS game...
Last time I was at Windy Hill was in the late 70's, it was packed, we were in the standing area. Those were the days of steel beer cans, we were standing on empties so we could see. Alan Edwards kicked 5 or 6 goals, I thought he was going to be our next Royce Hart, them were the days.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Last time I was at Windy Hill was in the late 70's, it was packed, we were in the standing area. Those were the days of steel beer cans, we were standing on empties so we could see. Alan Edwards kicked 5 or 6 goals, I thought he was going to be our next Royce Hart, them were the days.

There were seats at Windy Hill?

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yes, indeed, but as I said, it was packed.

I certainly can't remember ever getting a seat there.

But they used to pack us in back then, so many of those old grounds had a line or two of seats around the boundary and the rest was terraces.

DS