Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ryan sounds good, he was a Brisbane Lions Academy player too wasn't he? They might regret not picking him up.
Yep RFC have been watching Ryan for 3 years and as soon as he dropped out of their academy priority we go bang!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Even if he cracked his cheekbone or got concussed, he'll likely be available for round 1.
Only problem for Riley was Ross I would say put his hand up; for selection round 1 with his performance, I thought Dow was unbelievable for 2 quarters when lining up in center in clearances, for a quarter they had him at half forward and was non existent. Will Martyn was also good so all of a sudden they have the jump on Riley.
If one of Ross Dow Martyn or Riley could prove they can be damaging resting forward that would be massive but at the moment they all look they want to be pure midfielders.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Only problem for Riley was Ross I would say put his hand up; for selection round 1 with his performance, I thought Dow was unbelievable for 2 quarters when lining up in center in clearances, for a quarter they had him at half forward and was non existent. Will Martyn was also good so all of a sudden they have the jump on Riley.
If one of Ross Dow Martyn or Riley could prove they can be damaging resting forward that would be massive but at the moment they all look they want to be pure midfielders.
That allows Sheds and Dusty to rest forward for longer;)

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I am guessing that'd be why they rested fwd etc, to see how they go on thier own in the middle & see who can be damaging up fwd.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I were watching with @Tigers of Old , believe he will be giving a comprehensive PRE match report at some stage thus relieving me of my duties for the day.

Might add something later but am looking forward to his summary to see if it matches what my eyes were seeing.
Aren't ya both supposed to make sure you've got your stories down pat before ya sign the statements?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for the reports and pic's, great stuff.

Might be just me, but I'd much prefer it if they mixed the squads up a bit for the intra club games. Playing the hopefuls against the premiers is always going to be a lop sided game n makes it almost impossible for the young hopefuls to step up n show their capabilities when they are so far under the pump.
Would prefer it if both sides were reasonably balanced in experience n talent n make a genuine contest out of the game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'll just add it was only 16 a side today so NO Wings

Might be just me, but I'd much prefer it if they mixed the squads up a bit for the intra club games. Playing the hopefuls against the premiers is always going to be a lop sided game n makes it almost impossible for the young hopefuls to step up n show their capabilities when they are so far under the pump.
Would prefer it if both sides were reasonably balanced in experience n talent n make a genuine contest out of the game.
Never Castagna vs Dusty.
There will be No more Norm Smith for Dusty.
Dusty was lucky in 19, Castagna couldn't kick straight otherwise it could possibly be Sir George Castagna.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Never Castagna vs Dusty.
There will be No more Norm Smith for Dusty.
Dusty was lucky in 19, Castagna couldn't kick straight otherwise it could possibly be Sir George Castagna.
There's a reason Dusty's got three Normies n George has got none. Dusty picks goals out of his date. Georgie kicks goals like the Cho man, the easier the shot the harder to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne

Yeah it's abit of both for me.

On the one hand it would be good to make it a bit easier for the young guys by "mixing it up" but on the other hand it is a great opportunity.

I went well as a junior cricketer, even stepped up against the local seniors then I lucked in with a spot in a charity game that involved the best of the best... Walters, Chappell, Thompson... Walters effortlessly sent my deliveries for sixes and although I survived an over against Thomo I shat my daks and was put in my place but I took away so much and returned to my local comp a much better player.

Look at our women, so far they have only played good sides and although they haven't won a game yet I think their game is all the better for it.

With the best coaches in the land at their disposal I have no doubt our kids have taken a lot out of the game especially from a front row seat.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Was thinking the same TM... guess they feel getting team patterns and moves working is more important than having a more even competition in the game. Our senior team is very mature of course so I guess they trust them to step up in real competition pretty easily.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So we got the good Dow?