Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training for DRAFT PICKS!!!!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Thanks for heads up, I won't bother then:confused:

I got confused with Holme Park Beaconsfield, both it and Casey Fields both out in the sticks for a city slicker like me, go there very rarely and only if I really really have to :)
You need to get out more :D

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Thanks for heads up, I won't bother then:confused:

I got confused with Holme Park Beaconsfield, both it and Casey Fields both out in the sticks for a city slicker like me, go there very rarely and only if I really really have to :)
Snob!

• Haha

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
@Jonesracing82 what details do you have on the proposed praccy vs Dee's at Casey on Friday?, is it 100% locked in?

Last time I looked Casey wasn't a gated ground? so a public space, if you give me a time of match I will risk denied access.

You're probably on the money about there being a match this week as we have changed up our training schedule.

Today was a recovery session only all done at walking pace so no training report rather than just a couple of updates:

DRioli : Who did his ankle in the Intra Club on Sat was NOT with the group but he did come out briefly noticeably limping but no crutches or moon boot.

DTLD : Was there.

RCD : Was there sporting a decent shiner.

As there was no contact or running the above doesn't represent an injury report but me be of interest.
If the gate is locked, you get a good view threw the fence at the athletic track end threw the fence, but the wind will be blowing towards the opposite end, and it can be quite strong down this way.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If the gate is locked, you get a good view threw the fence at the athletic track end threw the fence, but the wind will be blowing towards the opposite end, and it can be quite strong down this way.
Might just be a bridge too far for me, but thanks for info.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
You’re giving Caesar advice on how to peer through a cyclone wire fence?
Now I’ve heard everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I believe there will be no public access which is very disappointing..
Casey fields oval does have gates and a fence surrounding it , though should still be able to see from behind the fence at some parts..
Hopefully the grass bank doesnt block the view too much..
I have to go through that area later might stop off there and have a quick walk around to see what viewing is like behind the fence , i really need to get a life!
Hmm thought this was Saturday , would have tried to sneak a peak somewhere, Friday not so practical

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Why has the club not provided any footage of the intraclub game yet? I expected it to be uploaded on Sunday if not today definitely

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
@Jonesracing82 what details do you have on the proposed praccy vs Dee's at Casey on Friday?, is it 100% locked in?

Last time I looked Casey wasn't a gated ground? so a public space, if you give me a time of match I will risk denied access.

You're probably on the money about there being a match this week as we have changed up our training schedule.

Today was a recovery session only all done at walking pace so no training report rather than just a couple of updates:

DRioli : Who did his ankle in the Intra Club on Sat was NOT with the group but he did come out briefly noticeably limping but no crutches or moon boot.

DTLD : Was there.

RCD : Was there sporting a decent shiner.

As there was no contact or running the above doesn't represent an injury report but me be of interest.
I have no info, only putting 2x2 together. I had read somewhere we are playing the Dees at Casey & someone mentioned we play the Dees on friday on here (i think it was here). Casey's ground has a gate to get in (been there for VFL in the past), aside from that i got no info, in saying it'd be closed to the public is only an assumption given the Covid issue etc.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I believe there will be no public access which is very disappointing..
Casey fields oval does have gates and a fence surrounding it , though should still be able to see from behind the fence at some parts..
Hopefully the grass bank doesnt block the view too much..
I have to go through that area later might stop off there and have a quick walk around to see what viewing is like behind the fence , i really need to get a life!
You already have one, being a tigers fan ;) That's my excuse anyway :p

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Only problem for Riley was Ross I would say put his hand up; for selection round 1 with his performance, I thought Dow was unbelievable for 2 quarters when lining up in center in clearances, for a quarter they had him at half forward and was non existent. Will Martyn was also good so all of a sudden they have the jump on Riley.
If one of Ross Dow Martyn or Riley could prove they can be damaging resting forward that would be massive but at the moment they all look they want to be pure midfielders.

Just on Dow's performance possibly even more meritorious as he was playing in the B team so going up against the best of our best and stood out.
Tucked away in Cotch's 12 minute press conference Dow was the only individual player he singled out from the Intra-club saying he was "exceptional". :clap2

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Just on Dow, he was playing in the B team so going up against the best of our best and stood out.
Tucked away in Cotch's 12 minute press conference Dow was the only individual player he singled out from the Intra-club saying he was "exceptional". :clap2
I couldn't believe the bloke standing next to me continually calling him Paddy :cool:

• Haha

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Dees are having an intra club scratch match now, seems strange if we are playing them on Friday.