training nights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

training nights

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
Watching RFC matches, there is always a quote from the crowd or myself "What do you guys do at training?" Are their training drill levels up with the top sides of the AFL? What do they do to correct their bad decision making, turn overs, direction and my main argument, scoreboard pressure (goalkicking).
I've always had a thought on how they should go about practicing goalkicking, let me know if its a stupid idea, but why don't they make the goal width smaller at Punt RD say by about a 1 metre just to make things a little more difficult. So on match day the goals may look a little more less challenging. :)

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
tell you something about training, each player actually buys there OWN ball pre season, thats a fact, they can do anything they want with it, at least the balls they train with are new then.
The Western Bulldogs train with old balls as do alot of other clubs.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
jackstar said:
tell you something about training, each player actually buys there OWN ball pre season, thats a fact, they can do anything they want with it, at least the balls they train with are new then.

They should bring their own ball on matchday.......this way some of them might get a touch.

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
Harry said:
jackstar said:

They should bring their own ball on matchday.......this way some of them might get a touch.

U crack me up Harry lmfao.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Harry said:
jackstar said:
Oh I was very wrong sorry sorry I thought that was what the trouble was most had no balls

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003

What you suggest makes sense but i don't know what they do. Not much I think looking at our fantastic goal kicking.

However anyone with a brain knows that if you are aiming at any sort of target you need to focus on a very small central zone. This way you reduce your margin of error. Try it when playing darts or tossing quoits, it works. So all they need to do is to pick out the bufoon in the crowd in the middle behind the goal square wearing the day-glo hat and aim to cracking him/her on the scone.

Voila, goals galore and Richmond win another game! Yeah I'd like to see that.........

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
22, I have been to quite a few training sessions, and have always been of the opinion that Danny doesn't give them long enough during each drill, and that each player may only have a handfull of kicks and handballs. He is continually blowing his wistle and calling them in.

Surely he could let them go for a good half an hour of constant kicking handballing etc.. and let them develop there skills. The basic formula for improved skills is repitition of action. Our boys don't seem to get that.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
By the time Danny Dumbo and Brains Brittain work out and explain what drill they want them to practice, it then takes the dozy dopes like Snoozy Fiona, Purely Petrified, Dim-Wit Dudiscombe, Half-Wit Holland etc. ages to understand it, and thus they only end up practicing the drill for 5 minutes.

My pet hate at RFC training (and indicative of the club in general): not once have I seen these guys run laps OUTSIDE the boundary line, or have I seen any witches hats/cones placed around the entire perimiter of the oval for them to stay outside of. Slack, unprofessional and dumb - as usual.

Mistakes. Excuses. Forever.