Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Great work Caesar! Exciting news about Jack, sounds like its just a mater of a few weeks full training to get some fitness up now, maybe back for the GWS game?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jack must be a bit off. He'd be chomping at the bit to play in Maddie's match

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
More so than Balta...?

His opinion is his opinion Balta can fill any number of roles which is why i think he has been dropped to the VFL to define/develop his role whatever that is.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Most VIBRANT training session of the year today, (yes folks Lenno is back :) ).

Cannot believe I am saying this but pretty much all good news:

Riewoldt completed full session with main group and was jumping out of his skin, just happy to be out there.
All of the named ins trained strongly and no one left the track early.
Rance doing some fancy rehab footwork and ran laps.
Nank the same and some low impact tap work.
Marlion, pin free, did some warm up sprints with main group and laps, excited by big body and smooth mover and looks quick.
Ross running laps.
Moore just walked a lap so furthest away.
English trained fully with main group.
The VFL boys Balta Garth RCD Higgo not training due to playing tomorrow.

Bonus Perspective

Watched the session with a player's dad, here are a couple of his thoughts:

Didn't know if his son would hold his spot this week.

Said Shai has to play and in his opinion is a superior player to Rioli, Butler & Castagna, (i agreed as anyone who read my Shai posts would attest).

Reckons when Nank gets back he sees Mabs as the ideal verstile & mobile foil.

Caesar is more reliable than Balmey.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Short and Sweet today:

JR8 trained strongly today as he did Friday but according to Dimma is highly unlikely to play. If it was me I would play him in what should be a soft game against the Suns so he has something under his belt going into the GWS game.

Caddy was not out there today so if he has a problem how perfect would Jack in be.

All the returning boys from last week trained so assume have pulled up well.

Rance not doing anything today.

Miller/Nank/Marlon/Moore/Ross doing various forms of rehab: Nank looks ok but is still not doing contested ruck drills which will be the last box he has to tick

Reactions: 26 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Short and Sweet today:

JR8 trained strongly today as he did Friday but according to Dimma is highly unlikely to play. If it was me I would play him in what should be a soft game against the Suns so he has something under his belt going into the GWS game.

Caddy was not out there today so if he has a problem how perfect would Jack in be.

All the returning boys from last week trained so assume have pulled up well.

Rance not doing anything today.

Miller/Nank/Marlon/Moore/Ross doing various forms of rehab: Nank looks ok but is still not doing contested ruck drills which will be the last box he has to tick

Well done Julius. Where do you think Cal is at? Comeback for VFL finals? Gone at end of season?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Agree that JR should be given another week to recover properly, but then it is up to the doc. to decide.

Hip hip hooray. Arrived safe and sound at Mooloolaba after some pretty heavy driving.

The good new for us is that the apartment has Foxtel and joy oh joy the Footy channel.

A bit too far to drive to the Gold Coast from here on Saturday as we need a break from driving.

Will sit back and watch on TV and have a whisky or two as we cheer on our Tigers/