Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just quoted myself so there is a bit of flow on from Wednesday's report:

Friday main training:

All you need to know is JR8, Houli & Prestia trained strongly.

Differing from Weds was:
From a VFL perspective Aarts out of rehab and RCD training with main boys.
Callum Moore back out with rehab group.

**I reckon Ross will only play a part in VFL finals and no chance of being in frame for the ones.

IMO only change this week will be JR8 for Egg, Caddy back through the two's, Bake's the only other chance but more likely have to wait for a poor showing from an incumbent.

PS> Bumped into a journo who said quote: "Jeez Rance is doing a lot". Seemed very surprised as am i :D

That reporter was Mark Stevens who has followed up on his twitter account :) so should be a report in channel 7 news tonight as well:

"Very promising signs as Alex Rance stepped it up on track at Punt Rd today. Looked like a player not ready to give up on 2019. Can he do it? See the pics and hear from tigers footy boss Neil Balme and Dr Peter Larkins" @7NewsMelbourne 615

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
That reporter was Mark Stevens who has followed up on his twitter account :) so should be a report in channel 7 news tonight as well:

"Very promising signs as Alex Rance stepped it up on track at Punt Rd today. Looked like a player not ready to give up on 2019. Can he do it? See the pics and hear from tigers footy boss Neil Balme and Dr Peter Larkins" @7NewsMelbourne 615

Scoop.;)

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Channel 7 couldn't even wait for their 6:40pm sports report it was aired at 6:15pm as a special report :D

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Channel 7 couldn't even wait for their 6:40pm sports report it was aired at 6:15pm as a special report :D
Overblown - Otherwise Tom Browne would have reported a "likely "source" "indicating" "possible" return and that Tiger hero Rance "may" "possibly" be available in round 23.

(Please be true!) :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Overblown - Otherwise Tom Browne would have reported a "likely "source" "indicating" "possible" return and that Tiger hero Rance "may" "possibly" be available in round 23.

(Please be true!) :cool:
And “significant “.....

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main Training Today:

From what I saw at training today it looks like they will go with Soldo and Marbs again?, (based on the fact that they featured a lot more in the game sim drills and also spent 20 minutes with Maric doing ruck drills without Nank).

Stack out there for those of us that have thought he has looked a bit sore lately, (i still hold that view but will play).

Cotch was out there which could be bad, (meaning Brooke hasn't given birth yet so the game day birth odds increase slightly)

Jack Ross: Did the warm up and kicking drills with the main group for the 1st time before rehab laps and change of direction work. Reckon the 2 to 3 is closer to the 3 to 4 the AFL site are quoting. I'll put money on Sunday 11th August against Northern Blues will be his return game.

Fraser Turner: Reckon he will be back in VFL next week.

Ouch:
Shai brought down Towner in a tackle and Towner was slow to get upo_O

Injury Watch:
Bachar did the warm up but then failed to complete any drills, seemed to be testing out his groin only did a couple of jogs between point post to point post before going inside.

Reactions: 20 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Main Training Today:

From what I saw at training today it looks like they will go with Soldo and Marbs again?, (based on the fact that they featured a lot more in the game sim drills and also spent 20 minutes with Maric doing ruck drills without Nank).

Stack out there for those of us that have thought he has looked a bit sore lately, (i still hold that view but will play).

Cotch was out there which could be bad, (meaning Brooke hasn't given birth yet so the game day birth odds increase slightly)

Jack Ross: Did the warm up and kicking drills with the main group for the 1st time before rehab laps and change of direction work. Reckon the 2 to 3 is closer to the 3 to 4 the AFL site are quoting. I'll put money on Sunday 11th August against Northern Blues will be his return game.

Fraser Turner: Reckon he will be back in VFL next week.

Ouch:
Shai brought down Towner in a tackle and Towner was slow to get upo_O

Injury Watch:
Bachar did the warm up but then failed to complete any drills, seemed to be testing out his groin only did a couple of jogs between point post to point post before going inside.

No one, but not one brings down the ‘the Miracle ‘ man....

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Injury Watch:

Not a good sign. Has had a few groin issues during his career and missed earlier in the year with a groin injury from memory...may not see him for a few weeks if that's the case.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not a good sign. Has had a few groin issues during his career and missed earlier in the year with a groin injury from memory...may not see him for a few weeks if that's the case.

Yeah, not ideal if he misses, he's been in evergreen form. On the practical side we have the depth though. I'd put Sheds or Stackman to halfback, bring one of Caddy/Markov/Butler into the forward line.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah, not ideal if he misses, he's been in evergreen form. On the practical side we have the depth though. I'd put Sheds or Stackman to halfback, bring one of Caddy/Markov/Butler into the forward line.
I was going yep agree while reading this until you said butler

Reactions: 2 users