Trans women in sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trans women in sport

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
FINA has decided on fairness ahead of inclusion but looking to create an open category to enable inclusion. Seems a really smart approach to me but I’m sure there will be backlash. Having open and essentially female gender only grades in sports where that matters may be where we end up in a lot of sports in a few decades time.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
FINA has decided on fairness ahead of inclusion but looking to create an open category to enable inclusion. Seems a really smart approach to me but I’m sure there will be backlash. Having open and essentially female gender only grades in sports where that matters may be where we end up in a lot of sports in a few decades time.

Has to be about fairness at all times in elite sport. The right decision was made. Time for other sports to follow suit.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Has to be about fairness at all times in elite sport. The right decision was made. Time for other sports to follow suit.
I think the other sports are using swimming as a bit of a test case. The right decision has been made here.

Reactions: 1 user