Travel/Overseas destinations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Travel/Overseas destinations

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks, I'm just concerned that most of my holiday, will be spent looking out of train windows.
The kids have 17 countries on the must visit list.
You could do it by car ... but then it's looking out windows and driving!
17 in a month huh? .. can you cull it ? or make it 2 months ..

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If anyone has first hand experience with Italy I'd love to hear it.

My daughter has decided to get married there at the end of next year despite the fact none of us have ever been there.

Planning to fly over before the end of the year to check out some places but would be nice to narrow it down a bit first.
1st Italian female PM I just heard.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Going to Engerland in late December, early January. London seems an easy place to find things to see/do but I’m going up to Liverpool to do the Beatles things.

What other things are there to do/see in Liverpool?
Pubs , crime, dentists, tattooists ;)

Castle st has some great restaurants, though I was there in summer so everybody was eating outside , great atmosphere .

where the Beatles pier is , is a great little area to wonder around , like London great old pubs around every corner .

London was great , actually really enjoyed all the touristy stuff , again weather was superb which helped , Piccadilly Circus is Fitzroy ”cool” and again so many great pubs everywhere, I still have 4 pubs to get to in London that I didn’t get too.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Got NYC for 17 nights - before Christmas and after NYE. Will be good to escape the boring Australian sporting Abyss over Summer. NHL, NBA, NFL. Beer, pubs, restaurants, Broadway, NYC pizza, Carnegie Club, the Village etc. etc. Thank goodness.
Front st pizza in Dumbo is as good as it gets .

Im sure you’ve done it before but MSG tour is awesome

Chelsea flea market and there’s another market near 9th ave and 43rd st that are good fun.

And of course you’ll have to take the Bride on a Horse and Carriage ride through Central Park , I’m sure the old knees can handle that.

Yes I’m sure you probably originally tipped me some of these .

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If anyone has first hand experience with Italy I'd love to hear it.

My daughter has decided to get married there at the end of next year despite the fact none of us have ever been there.

Planning to fly over before the end of the year to check out some places but would be nice to narrow it down a bit first.
Have had a number of holidays in Italy TBR, probably my favourite place to holiday on the planet.
In the end it depends on what you want and are interested in but my suggestion is to pick just a few places and spend some time there
I love Milan/Como, the Cinqueterre, the Amalfi coast, Tuscany (in the countryside) and Sicily. Pre COVID stuffing everything up the next destinations planned were the Puglia region and exploring more of Sicily with a side trip to Malta
The food and wine in Italy is incredible.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Got NYC for 17 nights - before Christmas and after NYE. Will be good to escape the boring Australian sporting Abyss over Summer. NHL, NBA, NFL. Beer, pubs, restaurants, Broadway, NYC pizza, Carnegie Club, the Village etc. etc. Thank goodness.
Years ago I was in NYC for new year. Biggest mistake anyone could make is Times Square New Year’s Eve. My advice is don’t !

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Years ago I was in NYC for new year. Biggest mistake anyone could make is Times Square New Year’s Eve. My advice is don’t !
About my 15th trip there - including twice at Christmas NYE - so I am aware of the pros and cons of Times Square.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Front st pizza in Dumbo is as good as it gets .

Im sure you’ve done it before but MSG tour is awesome

Chelsea flea market and there’s another market near 9th ave and 43rd st that are good fun.

And of course you’ll have to take the Bride on a Horse and Carriage ride through Central Park , I’m sure the old knees can handle that.

Yes I’m sure you probably originally tipped me some of these .
Done it all Burnside - some of it two or three times. Wake up to yourself Burnside !

Note: Lombardis or John’s on Bleecker is better pizza. But best of all is Di Fara in Midwood, Brooklyn.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Anyone been to Fiji recently ? Looking at going with family (my first time)

I went about 5 years ago and wasn't a fan. Only place I've ever felt a bit edgy walking around the cities with family.

My advice would be for a similar type of family holiday Bali, Thailand or Vietnam are much better options.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I went about 5 years ago and wasn't a fan. Only place I've ever felt a bit edgy walking around the cities with family.

My advice would be for a similar type of family holiday Bali, Thailand or Vietnam are much better options.
A lot of Fijians probably read PRE :giggle:

• Haha
  • Wow

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009

Was more looking at staying at nice hotel and not moving as have heard the same about the City

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Anyone been to Fiji recently ? Looking at going with family (my first time)

Agree definitely regarding Vietnam. Loved my time there.

If a Pacific Island was more specifically what you were after and had your heart set on - as opposed to Asia - I’d give Samoa a look. I have been twice. Some of the loveliest people you will come across. A very different holiday to Fiji, in that there aren’t many gated off resorts. It’s mainly all intermingled with the general community. And very safe. A beautiful Polynesian holiday.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
A Longshot request - am currently in Stockholm and was wondering if anyone had knowledge of where I can go to watch tomorrows game at ARC Review Centre Brisbane ? Is on at a friendly time and was hoping to settle in for a couple of hours watching.
Will try the usual Sports Bars etc. but not having much luck so far.
Cheers!

Tiger 44

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If all else fails, Watchafl.com.au lets you buy a 1 week subscription for around $25

Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
A Longshot request - am currently in Stockholm and was wondering if anyone had knowledge of where I can go to watch tomorrows game at ARC Review Centre Brisbane ? Is on at a friendly time and was hoping to settle in for a couple of hours watching.
Cheers!

Tiger 44
There is an Australian Football league in Stockholm. You could ask them.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Cheers!

Tiger 44
There’s a big sports bar in the “ shopping” complex next to the Friends arena

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Thanks for the replies, will see what I can sort out. We haven’t lost since I left Oz - due back end of July, but thinking a gofundme to keep me away until October might be a good idea

T44

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Thanks for the replies, will see what I can sort out. We haven’t lost since I left Oz - due back end of July, but thinking a gofundme to keep me away until October might be a good idea

T44
I’ll send you a $. Stay at a backpackers instead of the Ritz