• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Treloar : Collingwoods list better than Richmond

berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
COLLINGWOOD’S gun recruit Adam Treloar says Collingwood’s list is stronger than Richmond’s.

Treloar chose the Magpies as his new home in the trade period ahead of the Tigers, who also made a massive play for the talented GWS midfielder.

The 22-year-old has joined his new teammates on Collingwood’s training camp at Falls Creek in the Victorian Alps.

He said he was impressed by the potential of the Magpies list, despite Collingwood missing the finals for the second straight season, winning five fewer games than Richmond and crashing to a 91-point loss to the Tigers in Round 21 as the season unravelled.

The Pies added Treloar, former top-10 draft pick James Aish and ex-Demon Jeremy Howe in trades after the season.

“Richmond and Collingwood were the two teams that were interested the most. Ultimately, I wanted to play for Collingwood,” he said.

“I think Collingwood have a better list and a younger list (than Richmond). They’re interested in winning premierships and that’s my goal.

“Guys like Taylor Adams, Jordan De Goey and Jamie Elliott are outstanding young men who are future leaders of this football club.

“I felt it straight away as soon as I walked in here. There’s one goal ... we just want to win a premiership.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-recruit-adam-treloar-reveals-why-he-chose-magpies-in-trade-period/news-story/86925e462ac06ea22005f891a6d202b2

Reactions: 1 user

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Round 2, in every qtr someone is nominated to crunch this kid into coherence.

If every player doesn't see red after reading that comment then they should give up.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Needs to be a bit smarter than that really. Comments like often come back and bite hard. Just ask Wallet

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Jamie Elliott an outstanding young man??? Never seen a bigger #%&*. A future leader? Please....make him captain!

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
tigerjoe said:
Round 2, in every qtr someone is nominated to crunch this kid into coherence.

If every player doesn't see red after reading that comment then they should give up.
He just bought himself a shirtfront.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
the same attraction for Buckly (to leave thje Lions and join the pies --- whilst the Lions went to win the 2001,02 & 03 Flags !!!! Buckley ended his illustrious career with no flags !

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Probably couldn't expect him to say much else really, but he's just made Damien's pre match address for the first time we meet them a whole lot easier.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
*smile* you Treloar hope this is brought up when we play them next year. You cheated your way to a club and you spew this crap!

duddelist

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2011
Just thrash these overrated spuds again and laugh at him as we walk off... Want to win premierships well let's see um let's recruit Clinton young Jesse white tony Armstrong q lynch I ash who couldn't get a game with brissie. Also the dud of all duds j Howe from sudbourne hilarious. Oh and twavis croke 800 k for 30 odd goals! Treloar himself is being called a champ hmmm i wonder. It's your list now smuckley lmao......

69 vintage

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2013
Add this to Buckley 's comments at the club forum that they only lost to us by so much was because they were gutted from the loss to Sydney the week before .
How sweet victory will taste .
Can't wait to see FigJams face turn purple in the coach's box next year .

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
69 vintage said:
Add this to Buckley 's comments at the club forum that they only lost to us by so much was because they were gutted from the loss to Sydney the week before .
How sweet victory will taste .
Can't wait to see FigJams face turn purple in the coach's box next year .
What was his excuse the first time they lost to us? That was only by 5 points, but we came back from a long way. In some ways it's even sweeter to beat them by a little bit, because they keep deluding themselves that they should have won it.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
What a stupid little fool.

" They’re interested in winning premierships and that’s my goal " Say what? Does he think Richmond turn up every week just to make up the numbers? I can't wait for us to smash them next season.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
To me, knowing the real reason he chose Collingwood, the fact that he feels compelled to make this statement proves nothing more than in reality, he believes the opposite.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Print it out, stick it all over the change room walls before the game, then unleash Jacob Townsend on his skinny ass!!