• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Treloar : Collingwoods list better than Richmond

5SKULL5

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Is this the same guy that AFL 360 suckered in to pat Juddy on the ass for the cameras?

I think we dodged another bullet besides the Bennell one.

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
I kind of like players going against the grain and saying what they think and wish there was a lot more of it. I just hope he's wrong.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I kind of like players going against the grain and saying what they think and wish there was a lot more of it. I just hope he's wrong.
True, just needed a bit of tact to cover these little whirlwinds the media love using.

He advises us to focus on our priorities and concentrate more on what's going on around the world (e.g. Jonah Lomu's death and the Paris attacks). Yep, the kid needs some spin lessons.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
What an about face.

Collingwood got into the kid and his done a backflip, possibly got a fair bit of critism and told shut up.

Ammunition for the Tigers.

Don't mind players saying/ soeaking their mind but he is one minute in the system, hasn't done anything of note. Carey he ain't!

Let's make him eat his words and remind him Rd 2. Hope!

Yeah there are stuff happening around the world but he opened his mouth!!!!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Did Richmond ever confirm that they had received a verbal agreement from AT?

Pretty ballsy for him to lie about it if true.

If its not true, why was the club angsty about the whole thing?

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
Was asked a question, can't expect him to say I chose the Pie's because they threw a truck load of money at me.

pokey

2023 First round draft pick
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
betterlifecoachingblog.com
He could have just gone with:

"It was a very difficult decision, but I'm very excited about the future here. I've respected Nathan as a coach for a long time and look forward to working closely with him and the boys to bring some long-term success to this footy club."

No harm done, keeps his fans happy. It's not that hard.

I do love the mini storm it's started though. We need this football related emotion in November!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
pumped said:
The site that needn't be named has posted a comparison of the current primary lists heading into the draft...

RFC age 24.58, Magpies 24.29

The player ratings (where 1 is the best player) for a best 22 adds up in RFCs favour in terms of quality:

Richmond Player Ratings: 4707. Average: 214
Collingwood Player Ratings: 5451. Average: 248

It is pointed out that RFC have keys Chaplin & Maric in their twilight.
Cloke, Pendlebury and Swan are no spring chickens!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
pokey said:
He could have just gone with:

"It was a very difficult decision, but I'm very excited about the future here. I've respected Nathan as a coach for a long time and look forward to working closely with him and the boys to bring some long-term success to this footy club."

No harm done, keeps his fans happy. It's not that hard.

I do love the mini storm it's started though. We need this football related emotion in November!
And because it involves Collingwood and Richmond the media just eat it up.

Rowdy

11 + 2018 = 12!
Jul 15, 2009
Funny, most people complain that no one in footy has anything to say apart from what is the clubs official line on any particular topic, yet when someone does say something that's not a repeat of what there club tells them to all hell breaks loose

snaps truly

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2008
Hobart
I hope our club/players and supporters can soon forget about this pole smoker. Imo it's a negative we don't need. Let's concentrate on us not anyone else.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
snaps truly said:
I hope our club/players and supporters can soon forget about this pole smoker. Imo it's a negative we don't need. Let's concentrate on us not anyone else.
Blame KB. Without KB this would be non story.
With our bad starts to seasons and Collingwoods good starts. I can't bear to hear the crap we will go through that week.
North were into him too, do they have a crap list too?
One of the jurnos should've asked him

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Lids has weighed in.

BRETT Deledio reckons Adam Treloar was “starstruck” by the media when he rated the Tigers’ list, adding further spice to next year’s Round 2 clash between Collingwood and Richmond.

New Pie Treloar was courted by Richmond, but chose the Holden Centre insisting: “Richmond have a lot of good players ... but I think Collingwood have a better list, and a younger list, who in a couple of years’ time can hopefully win a premiership,” he said.

Deledio said he backed his own side to prosper this season.

“I think Adam got a bit starstruck when he was in front of the camera and the microphone,” Deledio said.

“It is what it is. It just makes Round 2 pretty interesting, doesn’t it.

“Collingwood are a big side and we always love playing against big sides.

“I think we’ve added some great talent and we’re only going to see young blokes get better and better with every game they play.

“Of course he’s going to say that about his side, but I’m going to say the exact opposite for our side.

“We’re very confident with where we’re going. We’ll just go about our hard work the way we do.

“We don’t need to stress too much about what’s being said across the road.”

Treloar was criticised for his comments about the Tigers and responded on social media by saying:

“I never once had a dig at Richmond,” the 22-year-old said. “I thanked them heaps for there (sic) interest and effort in me and I wish them nothing but the best ...”

Deledio and the Tigers started pre-season at Punt Road on Friday without Alex Rance, who is on an extended break, which was agreed to by the club last month.

The best-and-fairest winner, who re-signed this year after considering quitting AFL, will return to full training after Christmas.

“Rancey’s (on) a bit of an extended break for personal reasons, which we all understand. We fully support him,” Deledio said.

New recruit Daniel Rioli also wasn’t on the track as he’s finishing his schooling.

The Richmond vice-captain was troubled by achilles and calf issues last season but insisted he was feeling good.

“I’ve got no issues at all,” he said.

“(I) had no surgery or anything like that (I’ve) just been completing my program over the off season and (I) feel really good.”

He said the side, which lost a third consecutive elimination final last season, was “absolutely” aiming for a top-four finish this season.

“You’ve got to make it to the finals for starters, but everyone’s looking to make top four to give yourself that double chance,” he said.

“History would suggest that you need that. that’s what we’ll be striving for”.

Link

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Can't wait to destroy them again in round 2.
I dont think there will be another slow start to the season.