Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Nup. Two players going at the ball. One with more tenacity than the other.
Not according to Christian who was apparently the outlier at the MRP and wanted him rubbed out.
Lucky it wasn't this year and we were about to play his old mob... no doubt he would have stepped aside.... hmmmm, actually, probably not!

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
It was hard to see on TV but I absolutely loved Cotch repeating his 2017 antics of being the last to let go of the cup during the presentation. For those of you not there, they both put it down casually and Davis kept walking away in same motion - Chimp gripped it tight turned the the crowd and gave a cheeky grin. All the boys in the team cheered, as so did those of us who remembered this from 2017!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It was hard to see on TV but I absolutely loved Cotch repeating his 2017 antics of being the last to let go of the cup during the presentation. For those of you not there, they both put it down casually and Davis kept walking away in same motion - Chimp gripped it tight turned the the crowd and gave a cheeky grin. All the boys in the team cheered, as so did those of us who remembered this from 2017!
I saw it , was funny

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

I came in here to see if he did it again!

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Think he'll win the NS
I really hope so. He's become a bit of a bit player, rather than damaging. A very, very talented and inspirational bit player, but one nonetheless.
I'd loved to read the Cotchin wiki profile in 10 years and see Brownlow Medal winner, 2 time Premiership Captain and Norm Smith Medal Winner. That would look fitting against his name.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure there will be anyone hitting the ball and man harder than the Chimp tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I really hope so. He's become a bit of a bit player, rather than damaging. A very, very talented and inspirational bit player, but one nonetheless.
I'd loved to read the Cotchin wiki profile in 10 years and see Brownlow Medal winner, 4 time Premiership Captain and Norm Smith Medal Winner. That would look fitting against his name.

Fixed that for ya :cool:

DS

Reactions: 2 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Went to a corporate function tonight, they said there is a rumour Cochin might not play due to being injured. Anyone got any light on this? Also found it interesting in the grand final press conference with both captains and coaches, one of our guys said that both teams might be taking injured players in, i thought we are 100% fit. Anyone got info?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
They might be talking about Broad and Whitfield?
Cotchin and Martin had corkies, but I couldn't imagine they'd not play now.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I'd loved to read the Cotchin wiki profile in 10 years and see Brownlow Medal winner, 2 time Premiership Captain and Norm Smith Medal Winner. That would look fitting against his name.

It has always felt to me like he sacrificed his chance to be a 30+ possie clearance machine (Neale, Sidebottom, etc) in favour of being a team leader. Dimma needed an inspirational, inside, grubby, workhorse (perhaps someone a bit like himself as a player?) and Cotch took it on. Says volumes about him I reckon. Skip will get it done.

p.s. If he holds the cup aloft again I would love him to be allowed to step outside and away from the coal face and enjoy the later part of his career in the open spaces a bit. I can see the articles now about "turning back the clock".

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Captain Cotch will lead from the front today.
May not get a heap of possessions but will be a battering ram and be an example of commitment to the cause.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Really rapt the skipper kicked that goal in the last quarter
His leaping reaction was an absolute ripper
In Captain Cotch we have a really wonderful man and a very fine leader.

Reactions: 11 users