Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Blind Faith

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
The movement and nimbleness that Cotch showed last night give me some nimble movements.

Looked spritely, looked relaxed, looked powerful and even at that level was THE physical presence.

Pound for pound, Coach is the hardest man in the AFL. Beyond dispute.

Played like his father in law

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The movement and nimbleness that Cotch showed last night give me some nimble movements.

Looked spritely, looked relaxed, looked powerful and even at that level was THE physical presence.

Pound for pound, Cotch is the hardest man in the AFL. Beyond dispute.
Actually I thought he was the most fair dinkum of anyone on the field and his tackling was testament to that. Would have been a deserved winner of the medal imo. Looking in great nick too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
When things were looking grim for Victoria he imposed himself on the game and dragged us back into it.

Without Cotch we would have lost the game.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watching the 3rd qtr of the Prelim against the Cats, the Skip so instrumental in setting up victory, in our finals victories i thinks his defiantly on apr with Dusty , huge big game player is the skip

Reactions: 5 users

Wellfullness

Tiger Cub
Oct 19, 2019
Great player, great great leader... I think our best captain since Royce.
I wonder however if it is time to put a succession plan in place.
While that player will take time to close the space between them, I think his great mate Dusty should be next?
Cheers Cotch.. will open a nice red tonight in your honour.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
been watching the 2017 finals series - Cotchs 2nd half in the Prelim against Gws is something else; he was showing the way...a huge game from El Capitano..

Reactions: 5 users

artball

Jul 30, 2013
bumping Cotch up to the front again because i thought he was outstanding on Thursday.
not enough of them followed the captains lead ...

Reactions: 8 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
bumping Cotch up to the front again because i thought he was outstanding on Thursday.
not enough of them followed the captains lead ...
Did you see the massive Ice Packs on the back of both Hammies after the game. Precautionary obviously but he will need to be managed especially against weaker teams

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Did you see the massive Ice Packs on the back of both Hammies after the game. Precautionary obviously but he will need to be managed especially against weaker teams

I reckon one was on the hammy, and one was on the back of a knee,

but yeah, he's not a young warhorse anymore.

I reckon hes gonna win the Brownlow this year.

artball

Jul 30, 2013
I reckon one was on the hammy, and one was on the back of a knee,
but yeah, he's not a young warhorse anymore.

and he still goes harder than most ...

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
and he still goes harder than most ...

yep, hes one of the most predictable footballers playing.

if there's a ball to be won within his vicinity, or even a bit out of his vicinity,

Cotchy will shift his weight forward and stay balanced through explosive forward motion,

he will go over and around blokes, changing direction like a jack Russell chasing a rat,

with no regard for the safety of himself or the bloke in between him and the ball.

and even after hes dived from a foot further away than any other bloke, and hes on the ground,

if he hasn't got the ball, he'll keep moving towards the ball, horizontally somehow,

in a kind of high speed commando crawl, a little bit like a flathead after a burrowing crustacean

the only other bloke Ive seen do it so predictably was Michael Voss

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

Jul 30, 2013
yep, hes one of the most predictable footballers playing.

if there's a ball to be won within his vicinity, or even a bit out of his vicinity,

Cotchy will shift his weight forward and stay balanced through explosive forward motion,

he will go over and around blokes, changing direction like a jack Russell chasing a rat,

with no regard for the safety of himself or the bloke in between him and the ball.

and even after hes dived from a foot further away than any other bloke, and hes on the ground,

if he hasn't got the ball, he'll keep moving towards the ball, horizontally somehow,

in a kind of high speed commando crawl, a little bit like a flathead after a burrowing crustacean

the only other bloke Ive seen do it so predictably was Michael Voss

nice description Ezy and it's true. the Voss comparison is more than valid, they're very similar football brains. Hard at it ,and more than able to design proceedings on the field. Not just with the attitude at the ball, but in acting like a conductor of a orchestra does. Being a 'captain' in the proper sense of the word. Cotchin is one of the best I've seen. So is Voss.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Cotchin was brilliant. Only thing holding him back is his quality of disposal, just 10 effective despite 23 disposals. Sometimes I feel he could just hold it a bit longer and make a better decision. Wasn't on his lonesome of course, I thought overall we were very poor with our disposal on Thursday.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Didnt he just set the tone for us!
Like a freight train rumbling down the track, 80 tonne of power that aint stopping.

He is the firestarter for the team.
He might do it for another 2 years.
We need someone from the younger brigade to start and prepare for the transition
It might be Ross.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Cotchin was brilliant. Only thing holding him back is his quality of disposal, just 10 effective despite 23 disposals. Sometimes I feel he could just hold it a bit longer and make a better decision. Wasn't on his lonesome of course, I thought overall we were very poor with our disposal on Thursday.
True TLove he was very shaggy by foot. So many players in all matches either had timing problems or flat hands or were just off... i reckon there was a bit of that for Cotch but he was smart enough to just go bang