Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Really not sure why Cotchin doesn’t get the same recognition as Selwood.

The narrative is all about the Geelong fairy tales. Let them have it. Let them turn up emotionally charged.

*smile* 'em

Reactions: 7 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Was thinking the same thing. But that’s just typical of the media circle jerk around Geelong. Really not sure why Cotchin doesn’t get the same recognition as Selwood. He’s a dual premiership captain. Selwood isn’t. Also Selwood hasn’t done anything like what Cotchin has done as a captain, i.e. lead his team from the abyss of 2016 to 2 premierships and 3 grand finals in 4 years, plus another top 4 finish.

The footy media have no *smile* idea.
Both great captains and IMO a level above Pendlebury as leaders. It's odd how the other two get all the reverence.

Have posted previously - most wins as captain:

WinsCaptainFlags
159Reynolds, *smile*4
139Kernahan, Stephen2
132Selwood, Joel-
129Voss, Michael3
126Nicholls, John3
123Carey, Wayne2
118Coventry senior, Syd4
114Bentley, Percy2
109Riewoldt, Nick-
108Tuck, Michael4
107Cotchin, Trent2
101Dyer senior, Jack1
101Pavlich, Matthew-
98Barassi, Ron D.2

It's a veritable who's who of footy, and Cotchin is sold well short of the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Looking forward to his first tackle in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: 2 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Cotchin is our secret weapon.
He will hurt you.
Underrate him at your peril.
I was looking at the Cats forum on Big Footy.The only Tiger they seem to rate is Dusty. Edwards is their vernacular is a "battler", Cotch is apparently no threat. No mention of Lynchy, Basher, Grimesy...I prefer it when teams underrate our skill set.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was looking at the Cats forum on Big Footy.The only Tiger they seem to rate is Dusty. Edwards is their vernacular is a "battler", Cotch is apparently no threat. No mention of Lynchy, Basher, Grimesy...I prefer it when teams underrate our skill set.

if only Scott had the same opinions of our players.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Reckon Geelong hunt him early, try and rattle him.

Absolute waste of time but Scott will try and take out our biggest hunter.

Reactions: 1 user