Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Quite a few of this current side will be spoken about in the future the way the stars of our 60’s and 70’s teams have been.

Reactions: 5 users

momentai

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Trent has been an excellent leader and could continue to be so.
However I think he has two years to go on his contract and at this point he seems unlikely to play beyond 22.

Dusty as the best player to wear the jumper in at least the last 50 years is the obvious successor. Maybe it is time for that hand over to occur.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Trent has been an excellent leader and could continue to be so.
However I think he has two years to go on his contract and at this point he seems unlikely to play beyond 22.

Dusty as the best player to wear the jumper in at least the last 50 years is the obvious successor. Maybe it is time for that hand over to occur.
Not sure it's something that Dusty would seek.

There's a few other candidates - Graham, Vlas, Grimes. Jack Ross down the track?

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not sure it's something that Dusty would seek.

There's a few other candidates - Graham, Vlas, Grimes. Jack Ross down the track?
I’d hope that Trent starts the handover this year. For longevity of captain I’d be looking at Jack, Jack Graham that is. Dusty his definite on field leader, but I don’t think he wants the extra off field stuff that comes with having the (capt) next to his name.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I’d hope that Trent starts the handover this year. For longevity of captain I’d be looking at Jack, Jack Graham that is. Dusty his definite on field leader, but I don’t think he wants the extra off field stuff that comes with having the (capt) next to his name.

George Castgna has to be in the conversation.
Pure leader.
Great trainer.
Inspiration.
Game changer.
My choice would be Big V or Graham then Castagna Vice Captain.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Cub
Sep 30, 2014
George Castgna has to be in the conversation.
Pure leader.
Great trainer.
Inspiration.
Game changer.
My choice would be Big V or Graham then Castagna Vice Captain.
Stiff not to get the Norm in 19.
First player too kick 0.5 in a GF.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Stiff not to get the Norm in 19.
First player too kick 0.5 in a GF.

Not sure Georgie was the first
Technically Arnold Briedis was the first to get to 0.5 in the 1977 GF - the first one
Of course he didn't finish on 0.5 as he missed his next two shots and ended up with 0.7

Mind you Georgie's didn't really matter
Briedis got his 0.7 and the team only managed a draw

Reactions: 1 users