Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Say it ain't so, Captain Crunch.

Cotch is speculating publicly that 2021 could/will be his last season as the leader of the team.
If it is indeed Cotch's final season as skipper he will certainly be RFC's most successful captain ... particularly with his fourth premiership medallion swinging around his neck. And a three-peat skipper, as well.
Be a sad for me if that were true.

Have watched his star burn bright from his very first game.

The best AFL captain by a mile.

But if he were to relinquish the captaincy in 2022 I hope he can go out with a bang. Another premiership and him starring.

We are well placed with candidates !

N.V
Graham
Lynch
Grimes ( age may be against this option )

Others?
Love my boy Get Shorty be in the leadership role in 22 if he has a top 3 finish in the B&F.

My other favourite is Baker Boy. Same as above.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
one more season, one more flag and Cotch can pass the captaincy onto the next generation and still help out on field. succession planning FTW

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'd previously speculated that this could be his last season as captain. I think it might also be his last year as a full time mid. Reckon we might swing him forward as a pressure forward.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No way he gives it away when we are flying.
Captaincy is a huge job and he has been outstanding.
Why change it when nothing is broken

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I'd previously speculated that this could be his last season as captain. I think it might also be his last year as a full time mid. Reckon we might swing him forward as a pressure forward.
Could you see him in a similar role as what Hodge played- half back???

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Could you see him in a similar role as what Hodge played- half back???

Hodge was an elite kick which I'm not sure Cotch is. The game has moved further to your best kicks playing back and in order to transition the footy. I like Cotch better as that defensive enforcer in the forward line. Cotch, George and 2 Riolis would scare the crap out of any defence that they would butcher their kicks out of D50.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Hodge was an elite kick which I'm not sure Cotch is. The game has moved further to your best kicks playing back and in order to transition the footy. I like Cotch better as that defensive enforcer in the forward line. Cotch, George and 2 Riolis would scare the crap out of any defence that they would butcher their kicks out of D50.
Good points Posh.

Forward pocket or HF?

Still the champ has at least two more years playing midfield.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

Only problem with that is he's the worst set shot for goal in the team, and that includes George! But at the same time, I like the idea of Cotch as a defensive forward.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great article in the herald today on Cotchin as the best leader going around at present.

Its a really really good read of where he is at pre and post 2016, his business and life after footy and reflects a bit on the hub life and COVID breaches.

The article mentions that other clubs Carlton and Hawks were also involved in similar COVID breaches but weren’t mentioned public ally at the time (implies the double standard) - so this tells me that the AFL ONLY fined clubs when the media were involved, that they are only interested in their image, there is no integrity.

The Cotchins breach meant that the AFL came down heavier on the Stack/ CCJ breach because it was the clubs second ‘public’ breach, but if they had not gone public on the Cotchin one, no one would have known.

This is really crap and the AFL shouldn’t get away with it - and it really only confirms the agenda the AFL have to the RFC - it just beggars belief. Cotchin mentions they used it, the Hafey them against us to strengthen and focus the team.

Proud of the Cotchin‘s though.

Reactions: 6 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Great article in the herald today on Cotchin as the best leader going around at present.

Its a really really good read of where he is at pre and post 2016, his business and life after footy and reflects a bit on the hub life and COVID breaches.

The article mentions that other clubs Carlton and Hawks were also involved in similar COVID breaches but weren’t mentioned public ally at the time (implies the double standard) - so this tells me that the AFL ONLY fined clubs when the media were involved, that they are only interested in their image, there is no integrity.

The Cotchins breach meant that the AFL came down heavier on the Stack/ CCJ breach because it was the clubs second ‘public’ breach, but if they had not gone public on the Cotchin one, no one would have known.

This is really crap and the AFL shouldn’t get away with it - and it really only confirms the agenda the AFL have to the RFC - it just beggars belief. Cotchin mentions they used it, the Hafey them against us to strengthen and focus the team.

The 10 game penalty handed to our guys was & is a disgrace, ? far harsher than necessary. 6 games would have been appropriate.
It just re-inforces my thinking about the AFL being a corrupt organisation.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Carlton were mentioned at the same time as Brooke’s breach. I think the players partner left the kids with their grandparents for the day and picked them up to discover that grandma and grandpa had taken them to a theme park. It didn’t get anywhere near the coverage ours did and I think only a warning was given. Given that Brooke posted images of her spa visit on Insta it was hard to deny it.

fudge

Tiger Rookie
Dec 14, 2004
First game back for 2021 today, but his disposal was very poor, constantly turned the ball over in the first half. In the second half, he focused more on short kicks that were often sideways. He had no decisive impact on the match.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I had Cotchy as 2nd BOG today,

which is pretty much BOG-for-mortals.

and I'm not even sure Cotchy is eligible.

Reactions: 1 users