Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He turned it over badly by hand with almost blind handballs. Hard at it and tough in the contest but some poor decisions. He wasn’t alone there though, it was a tough high pressure game.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
For the first time since 16' when (almost) all and sundry wanted the captaincy removed time for Leysy to step back in for the champion it seems.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Loved his game - brilliant stuff in the contest that will never be taken for granted.

100% intensity and almost always changes the flow of the game whenever he’s close enough to get a finger to the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For the first time since 16' when (almost) all and sundry wanted the captaincy removed time for Leysy to step back in for the champion it seems.
We are all massive fans of his but you can’t deny his impact on games is nowhere near what it used to be. He can barely kick over a jam tin.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Questions don't need to be asked. 50m has always stretched him.

Leysy does agree on one thing around midfield longevity though, this is probably his last year there before he moves to the backline for the last 5 years of his career.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
22 possessions, 18 contested - 3 more than the next best.

Had an interrupted pre-season.
Thought Cotch was one of our best but he has to do something about those dinky little kicks to 50-50 contests in very dangerous positions. Just seems to be a panic decision without summing up the situation. Looks a bit slow in the mind. His time could be near. New rules don't help his longegivity

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Thought Cotch was one of our best but he has to do something about those dinky little kicks to 50-50 contests in very dangerous positions. Just seems to be a panic decision without summing up the situation. Looks a bit slow in the mind. His time could be near. New rules don't help his longegivity
His hammys don't allow him to boot the ball 55 metres. He uses the short kick to save his hamstrings..

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Least of our worries (don't have that many)
but needs to be managed (rested) on regular basis.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Looks like he can’t keep up with the early season fast transition game... he’s lost that 1m spread from take off and seems less inclined to crash n bash. Has always been a bit of a golf chip kicker, so no real change there

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
His hammys don't allow him to boot the ball 55 metres. He uses the short kick to save his hamstrings..
Yeah I wasn't really referring to those kicks, more the grubby ones he often seems to get his boot to that travel just a few metres, often to the opposition.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeah I wasn't really referring to those kicks, more the grubby ones he often seems to get his boot to that travel just a few metres, often to the opposition.
Thats all goes back to his hammys.
He kicks the ball at times like Mick McGuane.
Ask Luke Shuey...

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yes it was a magnificent victory with so many positives but was again mildly concerned by the Skip's game again last night.
I thought he was pretty poor in the first half in particular. Steele completely outplayed him. Came into the game in the second half but still wasn't anywhere near his best. Sure only April but looking for more in the coming weeks.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The avowed Richmond haters can't let go..... Damien Barrett has compared Kiara Bowers' sling tackle, non suspension to Cotchin's non report for attacking the football in the 2017 prelim!

Since she subsequently won the comps B&F.... I would've thought Tom Mitchell jumping off the deck to elbow a ruckman in the head and then winning the Brownlow was a far better comparison!

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The avowed Richmond haters can't let go..... Damien Barrett has compared Kiara Bowers' sling tackle, non suspension to Cotchin's non report for attacking the football in the 2017 prelim!

Since she subsequently won the comps B&F.... I would've thought Tom Mitchell jumping off the deck to elbow a ruckman in the head and then winning the Brownlow was a far better comparison!
4 years ago. If that's not more proof that Parrot et al write with the hope of triggering RFC supporters and the current Richmond envy amoungst the other fans, nothing is.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yes it was a magnificent victory with so many positives but was again mildly concerned by the Skip's game again last night.
I thought he was pretty poor in the first half in particular. Steele completely outplayed him. Came into the game in the second half but still wasn't anywhere near his best. Sure only April but looking for more in the coming weeks.
Interesting Tooheys, I thought the skip was good, his use by hand ( highlighted by David King in the lab was well done) was bordering on classic Chimp. And his defensive work rate was tremendous early. Think once games turn into routes or easy wins early the old codger puts the cue in the rack offensively.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
4 years ago. If that's not more proof that Parrot et al write with the hope of triggering RFC supporters and the current Richmond envy amoungst the other fans, nothing is.
*smile* parrot is a fkwit.
Cotchin was cleared by 3 X footballers on the tribunal.
Contact was made while in the action of the game.
Im surprised he isn't wearing a Melbourne jumper

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users