Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Inside mids have been hurt by the new rules. Cotch has been as affected as any.
Couple that with repeated soft tissue injuries (& possibly a lack of hunger?) & what you see is the result.
He's the barometer of our team & it's not happening.
A great champion & a great captain but as I've said all year it's close.
Agree with most of this but IMO it’s not hunger. He’s still busting his gut for the team. It just ain’t working.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Totally up to the Tiger legend of he go’s on , however all those bone crunching inspirational acts are making the end closer then it should be , I don’t think the Skips going any worse then Jack or Houli and they have all earnt the right for another year, however I don’t think we can expect too much from the trio going forward

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Totally up to the Tiger legend of he go’s on , however all those bone crunching inspirational acts are making the end closer then it should be , I don’t think the Skips going any worse then Jack or Houli and they have all earnt the right for another year, however I don’t think we can expect too much from the trio going forward
Bit tough on Jack here mate. He's been pretty good this year. 34 goals already & one of the greatest marks of all time.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Bit tough on Jack here mate. He's been pretty good this year. 34 goals already & one of the greatest marks of all time.
He’s had some good games , though each time hes had a best defender his been slaughtered, he’s kicked well , next years another 12 months on and over 300 games , he’s contracted so he’ll be there :))

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Back to Cotch. By my count that's the second time this year that Jack Steele's well had the better of him. Very good player Steele.
FJ was a big fan I believe? Was a fair bit of chatter about him coming to Punt rd , probably wouldn’t have got Prestia and Caddy if he had of

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Drop off is a cliff. He can’t run at all, his kicking is terrible and he turns it over far too often. Agree has earned the right to go out on his terms but if he gets offered or takes a 1 yr contract we as a club is stuffed
He's contracted for next year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Play him behind the ball. Half back.

His kickings not good enough for half back. If we don't want Pickett and his kicking behind the ball, we can't have Cotch either. '

As others have said, he has earnt the right to decide when to go out, but if he goes on again next year (and I think he will) he will need to be moved out of the full time mid role, my preference is to half forward. His pressure and assault on the ball in the forward line would be a real weapon for us. A move to the forward line, might also signal him giving up the captaincy IMO which I've been thinking for a while now will be at the end of this season.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
His kickings not good enough for half back. If we don't want Pickett and his kicking behind the ball, we can't have Cotch either. '

As others have said, he has earnt the right to decide when to go out, but if he goes on again next year (and I think he will) he will need to be moved out of the full time mid role, my preference is to half forward. His pressure and assault on the ball in the forward line would be a real weapon for us. A move to the forward line, might also signal him giving up the captaincy IMO which I've been thinking for a while now will be at the end of this season.
Disagree. Take him out of the heat of the action. His kicking is rushed because of the way he plays. We can prolong his career. He has the smarts to play the half back role.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
His last few games have been bad.
You can get away with it when you are wining games.
But when you start to lose a few his inability really stands out.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Struggling to have an impact or influence on games is Cotch. Playing a lot of scrap n hack footy with a heavy dose of grumpy old man work in packs. If this type of footy is the best he can manage for the rest of the year then it might be time for him to consider retirement at seasons end.
The game simply stops for no man no matter how good or how much loved his career has been.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
At least Cotchin is having Dusty over for his 30th today.
Champion player.
Should be a hall of famer.
Brownlow
3 time premiership player.
Better then Selwood

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Remember he’s got three young kids as well. Along with the captaincy let alone fronting up each week, he’s got a lot on his plate.

Also he’s coming up against younger players all the time now. Not easy. I’d like him to play forever but I think he’ll play next year and hang up the boots after that.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've been saying it all year but there's no more skirting it. Cotchin looks completely cooked.
2nd or third week in a row his direct opponent has dominated & had a major impact on the result.
Lots of candidates but the Skipper is our no1 barometer. He sets the scene for others to follow his lead but for whatever many reasons he's fallen off a cliff this season.
The team looks rudderless & he's battling with his own form. It's definitely his last season.
No matter what happens he's a legend of the Richmond FC but he's almost done.

Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I've been saying it all year but there's no more skirting it. Cotchin looks completely cooked.
2nd or third week in a row his direct opponent has dominated & had a major impact on the result.
Lots of candidates but the Skipper is our no1 barometer. He sets the scene for others to follow his lead but for whatever many reasons he's fallen off a cliff this season.
The team looks rudderless & he's battling with his own form. It's definitely his last season.
Any chance to go to half back, or somewhere else?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

i hope our Great cotchy goes again,

and does some hunting.

and wins the brownlow