Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
If this was any other player the angst would be through the roof.
Turnover merchant atm.
Last qtr was closer to what we know the champ can do.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Give him the next 6 weeks off to work with the sculptor and absolutely NAIL his punt Rd statue. Really get it perfect.

Then play him in the prelim

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Is it lack of a pre season? Injuries catching up? Changing game? Prestia missing? I don't know what it is but he's a shadow of his best as he has been for most of the season.
We got beat up again badly in the midfield today & Cotch was largely ineffective yet again. This is not a POV I'm enjoying writing.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Is it lack of a pre season? Injuries catching up? Changing game? Prestia missing?
Probably a little bit of all of the above n then some. Certainly hasn't helped the ageing Cotchinator having a rolling combination of Prestygiocomo, Shedda, Lamblett, Nank n the Dusty one all missing at times throughout the season. Top it up with his own injuries and the load just gradually crushes any player.

Midfields been smashed all year injury wise. Back half's been smashed second half of the year and the forward half has struggled to get any sort of decent incoming ball to work with or maintain a functioning forward structure due to being sucked to far up the ground trying to support the mids.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I was thinking yesterday that he has lost his zip and step plus his kicking is *smile* without penetration. To me that all points to carrying a groin . Hopefully and injury and not old age.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
An immortal among Richmond's legends.
Body needs a huge rest.
Give him an extended off-season and get him primed for one last surging charge for next season.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
From season 2011 up to 2018 Captain Courageous played 22, 22, 22, 23, 22, 20, 25 and 22 games.
From 2019 -2021 he has played 14, 17 and 14, the warhorse has put his body on the line every game and it has taken a toll.
If we do miss the finals, the extended break will freshen him up for one last crack at it next year.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hit the wall big time this year. Is it just a massive rest he needs or is the Cotchinator cooked? For mine, it's time to put the tired n struggling out for an extended spell with a view to next year n just throw some games into our youngsters. Cummerbund, R2D2, Not Dusty, Cujo, Raaaalphh, Naish, Millertime, Dow, even Biggie n Moju should all be played. Given the way some of our experienced n more mature players have been travelling this year, we can't go any worse.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dimma said Cotchin isn’t right but must play.
I don’t get the must play. So far he just hasn’t added anything.