Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Remind them that Trent got 4 weeks for the exact same thing Mcstay got a fine for.
Just had to post it.

Here it is again. Cotch was going for the ball. Intention was the ball but did bump. Cotchin’s shoulder does collect Shiel’s head ever so slightly but grabs his shoulder and grimaces over the boundary line. He did have a shoulder issue that year and Cotchin I think had copped two fines earlier in the year? Jumper punch
Gut punch

That is 2017.

People are going on about this like he did a sniping act. a hit behind the play a dirty act.

HE WENT FOR THE BALL. HIS EYES ON THE BALL. Both were going for the ball. Both eyes on the football. Cotchin had more intent to win it.

2022 yeah he ‘would’ have been suspended.

Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Just had to post it.

Here it is again. Cotch was going for the ball. Intention was the ball but did bump. Cotchin’s shoulder does collect Shiel’s head ever so slightly but grabs his shoulder and grimaces over the boundary line. He did have a shoulder issue that year and Cotchin I think had copped two fines earlier in the year? Jumper punch
Gut punch

That is 2017.

People are going on about this like he did a sniping act. a hit behind the play a dirty act.

HE WENT FOR THE BALL. HIS EYES ON THE BALL. Both were going for the ball. Both eyes on the football. Cotchin had more intent to win it.

2022 yeah he ‘would’ have been suspended.

Shiel went into the game with a shoulder niggle. What the Cotchin should have been suspended crew never mention is that Shiel was checked by the Giants doctors, assessed as ok and sent back on. He played pretty well until being collected by Astbury and sent off for good. They don’t mention this because it either means that the Cotchin collision didn’t do the damage or it did and they sent a concussed player back onto the field.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
'I think he's holding his SHOULDER here Dylan Shiel.'

FFS this incident has been ridiculously blown out of proportion over the years.
Cotch was literally a millisecond late to this contest & unlike Shiel protected himself approaching the ball.
Rightly cleared & *smile* THE HATERS.

Reactions: 11 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The Chimp was great against the Crows. Turned back the clock. Very encouraging.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
What *smile* me to tears is when oppo supporters argue that a certain player shouldn't get suspended for an incident, they always bring up that Cotch got off in the 2017 prelim, as if that's the only time a player has been found not guilty in the history of the AFL.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Also remember the same week SEN had Mark Williams in as a guest, and he was arguing that Cotch should be suspended. A caller rang in to come to Cotchs defence. Williams then asked the caller who he supported. Supporter says Richmond. Williams then goes on a rant that the supporters opinion shouldn't count as he was biased. Um... hello Mark! Your daughter was dating Shiel at the time! Conflict of interest much?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Shiel went into the game with a shoulder niggle. What the Cotchin should have been suspended crew never mention is that Shiel was checked by the Giants doctors, assessed as ok and sent back on. He played pretty well until being collected by Astbury and sent off for good. They don’t mention this because it either means that the Cotchin collision didn’t do the damage or it did and they sent a concussed player back onto the field.
I forgot about the Astbury collision Carn.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Also remember the same week SEN had Mark Williams in as a guest, and he was arguing that Cotch should be suspended. A caller rang in to come to Cotchs defence. Williams then asked the caller who he supported. Supporter says Richmond. Williams then goes on a rant that the supporters opinion shouldn't count as he was biased. Um... hello Mark! Your daughter was dating Shiel at the time! Conflict of interest much?
Thanks Tommy. Forgot about TShirt. Gee he went on about that!

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Who gives a *smile* what people think about our champ, he's ours.

I'm sure plenty on here, including me, have paid out on club champions from other teams.

Just remind them that ours is a Brownlow winning, three time premiership captain.

(Sorry Taylor, you racist spud)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Who gives a *smile* what people think about our champ, he's ours.

I'm sure plenty on here, including me, have paid out on club champions from other teams.

Just remind them that ours is a Brownlow winning, three time premiership captain.

(Sorry Taylor, you racist spud)
Yeah, Geelong fans would be aghast at the criticism Duckwood, Benignfield and Poorkins receive.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Also got given the flick by us at the end of 2016. No bias, conflict of interest or axe to grind hey?

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Also got given the flick by us at the end of 2016. No bias, conflict of interest or axe to grind hey?
He was on Leach’s show all year, and while he said some good stuff on the game in general, he was filthy that we flicked him. Holds a grudge well, does Williams.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
What *smile* me to tears is when oppo supporters argue that a certain player shouldn't get suspended for an incident, they always bring up that Cotch got off in the 2017 prelim, as if that's the only time a player has been found not guilty in the history of the AFL.
What grinds my *smile* gears is that they talk about it like it is inseperable from that time Barry Hall full-on *smile* decked a bloke and got to play in the Granie.

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Eddie been very good this year on Footy Classified - maybe because Sam Maclure is so horribly bad and nauseating on Mondays - and tonight to a man and woman they stuck it up Tex, especially Eddie standing up for Cotch. A breath of fresh air

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cotchin is one of 5 triple premiership captains joining Hodge, Voss, Nicholls and La Fontaine. Only Tuck, Reynolds and Coventry have more with 4 flags. Legend.

• Love