Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Does Kane Cornes actually watch games of football? If he does he has NFI. Hutchy asked him if he got it wrong about Cotchin being finished as a player. Cornes said yes as he does not impact or influence games anymore.

WTF!

And the media wonder why they are on the nose with the football public.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If Cotch can stay on the park with form near to that, and Prestia is fit then I may have to flip back to the brightside.

It's all about the midfield for us.
You can't just flip to the brightside.
It involves cognitive behavioural therapy, neural reprogramming and even some mindfulness too (who would have thunk it? But I digress)

One doesn't simply change from dark to bright

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Does Kane Cornes actually watch games of football? If he does he has NFI. Hutchy asked him if he got it wrong about Cotchin being finished as a player. Cornes said yes as he does not impact or influence games anymore.

WTF!

And the media wonder why they are on the nose with the football public.
It was surprising that the match commentators made no mention of Cotch. He was so influential and important to the contest

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
He got 4 coaches award votes so they believe he was influential. I'd back their opinion over cornes

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Could the great man be in the running for a 4th JD medal - 11 years after his first?

Would be in the running.

Long may the Chimp continue running out for us.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Now without the captaincy burden Chimp is playing so much better this season. Still hard and a leader of the team
His body surely must feel like he is 80 after every game he plays.

He has had a very good year so far but needs help from our next tier coming through.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Personally I think Cotch is struggling a bit with the pace and defensive side. Fighting hard the champ he is but saw 3 or 4 times when he needed to chase but fell behind. Disposal is often poor due to feeling rushed. Still in our 22 of course but best is behind him.

• Dislike

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Considering how batttered and bruised the old wrecking ball is , he’s been outstanding, playing his role superbly , though not the impact he once had , bloody good considering, sadly we have nothing like him in replacement atm, fortunately we have and had a T Cotchin , not many better to have ever played the game.

Reactions: 7 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
It’s a worry that our best mid last night was a 32 year old mid close to retirement.

A damm good 32 year old mind you.

There is a bit of a Geelong feel about this which is a big worry.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Didnt think Leysy's admiration for such a champion person and footballer could go up.

But after that heroic act last night it has.

God he's an icon.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He's defied expectations with how good he's been this season. Outstanding.

Reactions: 4 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Incredibly couragoeus act to throw himself in front of a full steam Buddy. It will go on his career highlights package to embody his leadership prowess.

Reactions: 1 users