Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Oh, so his good form of late is because the newspapers jolted him back into form?

Yeah, give me a break, the journos sure have a high opinion of their influence, totally unjustified too.

I just reckon he has likely got over a few niggles and found some form.

DS
They're so slow to catch on. More than happy for Cotch to go head to head with Duckwood in the finals & beat him again.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Oh, so his good form of late is because the newspapers jolted him back into form?

Yeah, give me a break, the journos sure have a high opinion of their influence, totally unjustified too.

I just reckon he has likely got over a few niggles and found some form.

DS
And the hunger is back.....his crashing in the last couple of week is vintage Chimp and the boys are jumping on board!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Put yourself in his place.A chance for another flag.Good leaders do this.Others will follow.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Selwood hasn’t played a game like cotch did on the weekend in 3 years…. Yet the media is quick to hang cotch out to dry. Selwood is a 350gamer but he isn’t fit to tie Trent Cotchin’s bootlaces in my opinion.
How many Premierships has Duckwood captained? How many Brownlow has he won?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
They're so slow to catch on. More than happy for Cotch to go head to head with Duckwood in the finals & beat him again.
Geelong fans will also remember Cotchin sliding into Ablett Jnr on a wing, out muscling him and taking off with the footy.
Gaz slapped his bald head in theatric frustration as he thought "he should have won that one" against Trent.
Was probably 2019 or so.
His attack on the ball is something to behold.
Bizarre that someone with so many accolades, and not ones to take lightly, is treated with contempt by the general football public.
If that squib from Geelong had Cotchins resume there would be a circle jerk regarding his achievements.

Reactions: 5 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Has Mick Malthouse got anything right?

I personally think he is a very good footy pundit and well worth listening too. He knows his stuff, and you can't be right all the time, but maybe even Robbo is right and Mick's Cotchin comments were to try and fire him up?

Mick was spot on at qtr time in the 2017 Grand Final. While the other commentators were waxing lyrical about how far the Crows, which Crow would win the Norm Smith etc. etc., Malthouse made the comment that all the key stats were going Richmond's way. He basically said the Tigers would win if they kept that up.

I'd love to have seen the facial expressions on the other commentators when he said it. No doubt some smirks and eye-rolling going on, but Malthouse was spot on.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Another great game, will get no recognition from the media.

No offence to Grimesy and Nank who I love, but Trent is still the spiritual leader.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
No superlatives left.
Super human perhaps?
The will to impact contests he has no right to reach whilst extracting the ball is peerless in the history of RFC

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Aaah Kane Cornes has kept saying THiS year that Cotch should have retired last year. He should be emarrassed
No chance Karen Cornes would be embarrased she just talks *smile* is always after a cheap headline

Reactions: 1 user