Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree with this. I reckon there was nothing wrong with him. We were what, four goals up before quarter time? He could do with the extra rest, and I reckon he wanted to be able to dash off at a moment's notice if he had to. Of course he could always have gone on again if things went sour. But they didn't.
The hammy smokescreen is to avoid showing disrespect to the opposition.

Love the conspiracy theories. He went off at around 7min19secs to go (changed with Lambert). Went straight down to the rooms. Tigers were up by only 11 points. He obviously had an issue and because it was hamstring related (same hammy he injured) they took the conservative approach. He wasn't coming back on, would have been too risky. As they said a minor strain, no real reason to ice it as he likely didn't have any perceivable swelling or pain to reduce. Scans have proved a low grade strain so yes there was something wrong. Correct call made on game day. Kudos to the medical team. I like the Tigers conservative approaches to injuries this year. You can do that when you have depth.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Agree with this. I reckon there was nothing wrong with him. We were what, four goals up before quarter time? He could do with the extra rest, and I reckon he wanted to be able to dash off at a moment's notice if he had to. Of course he could always have gone on again if things went sour. But they didn't.
The hammy smokescreen is to avoid showing disrespect to the opposition.

Out: Paternity leave??

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
There will be some pretty willing kick to kicks with his old man and Uncle Dusty in years to come.
Stand him in good stead to captain the Tiges in the 2040's.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Well, well, well ... a Tiger great finally has a son that we can eagerly await turning out in the Yellow and Black in a couple of decades.
Sadly, most likely won't be around to see the occasion.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
SCOOP should be happy. Finally got the Parker Cotchin combo he was after.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Chimp missed about 8 weeks early in the season with a hammy, came back, played 2 games, did it again and missed another 2. He then came back in, play 4, did it again and has missed another 2 games.
Is tipped to play this week against the Eagles, my question is, should he be given another week off?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chimp missed about 8 weeks early in the season with a hammy, came back, played 2 games, did it again and missed another 2. He then came back in, play 4, did it again and has missed another 2 games.
Is tipped to play this week against the Eagles, my question is, should he be given another week off?

It's a fair question. Hopefully no further complications heading into the business end.
Just as Rance pulled the pin, we can't afford to go into big games with Cotch sitting on the bench with an ice pack on his leg for 3/4s..

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's a fair question. Hopefully no further complications heading into the business end.
Just as Rance pulled the pin, we can't afford to go into big games with Cotch sitting on the bench with an ice pack on his leg for 3/4s..
Yes that's for sure.
I'm a worrywart when it comes to injured players coming back into the side. When they're right to go, give them another week off if it's feasible is my motto.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Yeah, I'm nervous. The thinking must be around playing the two final games, getting a week off before finals, then playing a final, hopefully win, get another week off and then it's the prelim. We are basically talking 4 or 5 games with a one week break in between.

Two blocks of games. There has to be some risk around him.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
No to the extra week off, if he's fit play him. Put it too the test, much rather he ping it again in round 22 or 23 than first 10 minutes of a final.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
No to the extra week off, if he's fit play him. Put it too the test, much rather he ping it again in round 22 or 23 than first 10 minutes of a final.

Agree, Ghost. That's my thinking.
Plus, having missed so much footy this season, Cotchin might need a little while to get back to full speed.
Will, no doubt, be eased through his first game with plenty of minutes on the bench as required.