Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Pilates and ballet over summer, then some surgery in Germany, some time with Grimes on combating repetitive hamstrings and away we go in 2020. was managed from the preseason so you cant help but feel these issues where inevitable.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No sugar coating it, Cotch has now missed half the season with his troublesome hammy. Concerning to say the least.
Understand them erring on the side of caution but there's now some doubt what role he plays for us for the rest of the year.
Like Rance, we can't afford him going down in a big game..
Jack Ross looking more valuable by the second.

Edit: Even stranger given now Cotch has missed 3 weeks that he chose to lift Bachar off the ground in the win against the Pies. I mean??

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
It wasn't a full tear, that's why he was a possibility this week. I'd say if this week's game was a must-win game to make the finals, Cotch would play.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Eyes are on the prize. We are minimising the risk any of our players are not fit for September.

Sign of a confident club. Many thought Carlton was a danger game without Cotch and Dusty, but they were never in the game, not for a second, and the MC knew they wouldn't be.

West Coast is a far better side than Carlton, and it's less than ideal not to have the skipper, but I reckon we think we will beat them anyway. And imagine the boost when we meet them again with Chimp smashing in.

I'm an optimist. I'm choosing to believe we are being cautious with a crucial asset, and backing the rest of the team to do the job.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We don't rely on cotchins hardness in the middle anywhere near as much now with prestia and graham dominating, the inclusion of ross and the increased midfield times of bolton and george.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Smart move giving him another week
Ross is a good replacement for now

That's how I see it. With Ross back and doing well in his first game back, we can afford to give Cotch that extra week off.

But you'd have to start looking at next year and wonder if it's time to hand over the captaincy if Chimp might be rested/recovering as many games as he's playing

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Eyes are on the prize. We are minimising the risk any of our players are not fit for September.

Sign of a confident club. Many thought Carlton was a danger game without Cotch and Dusty, but they were never in the game, not for a second, and the MC knew they wouldn't be.

West Coast is a far better side than Carlton, and it's less than ideal not to have the skipper, but I reckon we think we will beat them anyway. And imagine the boost when we meet them again with Chimp smashing in.

I'm an optimist. I'm choosing to believe we are being cautious with a crucial asset, and backing the rest of the team to do the job.

That's my thinking too, but you've said it better than I could, spook

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
It wasnt even a tear, it was barely a strain - given how much footy hes missed i think hes going into finals underdone.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It wasnt even a tear, it was barely a strain - given how much footy hes missed i think hes going into finals underdone.
We have the best rehab and conditioners in the AFL, Kane Lambert proved that by coming in after missing 5 or 6 games and not missing a beat.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Even if we win the last two games we are a chance of playing our first final away to Brisbane or West Coast. Lose in W1 and we can still have a successful finals series, but it will be long and arduous and I think that's why Cotch is getting the extra rest. Also if we lose one of the last two games there is a chance we miss the top 4 - which means also means a 4 week grind to lift the cup.