Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Whatever it takes to have another 2017 style Chimp Attack in September, if he sits out until the 1st final so be it.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Positives of Cotch missing are 4 fold.

1. Cotch gets another weeks rest, particularly if we have to play 4 finals
2. Ross gets a chance to prove himself against a top 4 team in a pressure game
3. Eagles don’t get to play us at our full strength and see our final setup
4. Lose and we know next time we play them we have Cotch (hopefully), win and we know we can get much better with Cotch in

Reactions: 4 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Don’t see him playing one game prior to finals and then missing another week as much less risky as playing Rance in the sense of losing a player in a final

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If Chimpa chucks a hammie again this year then there could also be the possibility of an underlying issue that has not been identified or isolated, similar to Figgy Buckley's recurrent hamstrings in his last few years which was finally identified and same as Max Rooke and from the Cats,Jason Cripps from the Saints, Bennells calf which was also recently only just located and operated on. Then there is Grime's recurrent hammy tears before visiting Herr Quack Doktor.. as well as his brother at the GoDeez.

Should've put the Chimp over to Deutchsland to visit Dr Wolfenstein.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No need to rush Cotch back. He can always play against Brisvegas next week to get some touch n condition before the finals if the hammy has come good. Even if they felt the need to rest him next week, just to be sure his hammy was fully repaired. I can't see any issues with using him off the interchange during the finals, reckon he'd be a fairly handy number 22 player for us.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
No need to rush Cotch back. He can always play against Brisvegas next week to get some touch n condition before the finals if the hammy has come good. Even if they felt the need to rest him next week, just to be sure his hammy was fully repaired. I can't see any issues with using him off the interchange during the finals, reckon he'd be a fairly handy number 22 player for us.

Prefer to have Cotch out of this WC game as it would not be a picnic against Yeo Shewey etc . Cotch coming back in against the Lions is a better option.

• Haha

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Prefer to have Cotch out of this WC game as it would not be a picnic against Yeo Shewey etc . Cotch coming back in against the Lions is a better option.

Frustrates me that the club tells its members that he could have played last week but they were being ultra conservative and yet he misses again.
Wish they’d throw a bit of truth in the mix occasionally.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Frustrates me that the club tells its members that he could have played last week but they were being ultra conservative and yet he misses again.

I like lies that make you happy

the other day Mrs, eZ sewed a 32 waist label on my jeans, bless her

maybe Trent jr. is teething prematurely (hes genetically loaded to milestone early) and Sr. needed another week?

Hes hammy is fine.

The MC is just *smile* with wet toast.

beat 'em without Capt. in August, save him for the big dance.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Happy to give them the benefit of the doubt here and that it’s just that as we’ve gotten closer to this weekend they’ve rethought the issue.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Keep in mind that Cotchin was pretty ordinary when he returned back from his injuries this year. Remember him giving away shocking free kicks against geelong adelaide and st.kilda. will take him a while to find form.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Keep in mind that Cotchin was pretty ordinary when he returned back from his injuries this year. Remember him giving away shocking free kicks against geelong adelaide and st.kilda. will take him a while to find form.

Now that Deledio has retired we can trade him to GWS and get Congilio

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He Started his career on the injury list
And now will end his career on the injury list.
He needs to hand over the captaincy to Edwards ASAp.
And needs to think about retirement.
We cant have a million bucks of cap space missing out on games.
Best case senario he retires and we get rid of caddy and we go hard for Crouch or Congililolio.

** he is on the same path as Deledio 37 games in 3 years. Wells like.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
This is culture. We owe so much to Peggy, Benny, Dimma, Balmey and Trent. They have driven this.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Handy player to get back before the finals just quietly.

He started off always getting injured and looks like he finishing in the same way.
3 hammies in one year as a 29 year old. (30 in April) doesn’t look good.
Maybe That’s why the interest in Crouch is starting to build again.