Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
He led by example and hunted the ball. Doesn’t need the pill much anymore to set the scene.
thank you Trent.

Reactions: 3 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
It has always felt to me like he sacrificed his chance to be a 30+ possie clearance machine (Neale, Sidebottom, etc) in favour of being a team leader. Dimma needed an inspirational, inside, grubby, workhorse (perhaps someone a bit like himself as a player?) and Cotch took it on. Says volumes about him I reckon. Skip will get it done.

p.s. If he holds the cup aloft again I would love him to be allowed to step outside and away from the coal face and enjoy the later part of his career in the open spaces a bit. I can see the articles now about "turning back the clock".
Had the same thought. May be time to hand over to someone else

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Loved his tackle on Mumford in the 1st qtr. Stopped him in his tracks slammed him into the ground & then 2 other Tigersjumped onto Mummy & let him know "we're not gonna take any cr@p from you

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
In Cotchy’s second year at Punt Road I went to a FTF event at the club and got a chance to chat to the Cotch. You could see way back then that he was a leader. Anyway I told him I had a vision of him as Captain holding the cup with Dimma. 2017 was not it. Today was the vision. I’ll take both thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Loved his tackle on Mumford in the 1st qtr. Stopped him in his tracks slammed him into the ground & then 2 other Tigersjumped onto Mummy & let him know "we're not gonna take any cr@p from you
Mummy was a non threat from that point on. Cotchin cut him off at the knees.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Set the tone. Buried Mummy in the first five minutes. Rag dolled him. Monstered a man 30 kegs and six inches larger.

O captain my captain. Immortal.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Set the tone. Buried Mummy in the first five minutes. Rag dolled him. Monstered a man 30 kegs and six inches larger.

O captain my captain. Immortal.

Loved that moment. Had me standing up from my seat and roaring. Set the tone early on.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Loved his interview straight after game with Richo where he said none of them gave a stuff about the norm smith. It’s all about the team. Awesome

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Amen.

Chimp attack again today.

That goal in the last I so wanted him to kick it to put the exclamation point on the game and the season, and he nailed it.

Weve a lot to be thankful for.

Then Bruce comes out with, I’m sure he said it, Cotchin hasn’t kicked a finals goal in 6 years!

What?
Kicked that unbelievable goal against the Cats in 17.

Oh Bruce!

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Yeah this. Geez it got me pumped. All the guff about big Mummy going to get clumsy and rough on a few of our blokes.
The skipper took the initiative when the opportunity was there. turned him his tracks and buried him.
Showed the way yet again for his teammates to follow and showed GWS we wouldn't be intimidated.
"We're here to give everything to win"